Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who shares parking with bikes. We don't need our whole space. Yes they are right up to the line buuuuuut... anyway.

Not my bike just eating in an Applebee's in New Castle Indiana, and saw this.

What do you do to keep from setting the offending car a blaze? Do you have any offending cagers actions that urck you?

IMG_20210406_173915933.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
529 Posts
I was parked in front of Panera in the center of my space. I watched a gal in a quad cab pickup pull the nose of it into MY space, almost touching my bike, before backing and straightening out and pulling into the space next to me. I was hot.:mad::mad::mad: Gee, if Bug had been sitting there instead, she would've just plowed into him, I'm sure.:mad:

·
Ace Tuner
2,919 Posts
It really burns me up when a "Smart Car" parks next to or even near my bike.

Fun Fact:
Did you know you can knock a smart car over with one single kick. ;) Kidding. Kinda

S F

·
American Legion Rider
23,555 Posts
It seems like to me, the parking space lines they paint are much closer together than they were, say 30 years ago. Or maybe I just got fatter. Which is true but are the lines closer these days? That might be why we see some of the poor parking. And if the first car parks poorly the 5 or 6 cars down will be way out of the parking place. Not really defending poor parking but just suggesting there might be other reasons for it.

Reactions: Porky and FlipFlop

·
Visionary
4,615 Posts
I think your right, the spots in many places are smaller.
I'm sure it let's them squeeze a few more spots into a lot, maybe it worked in 1978 when everyone was driving a Pinto or Chevette but now every other vehicle is a 4 door 4X4, driven by someone that learned to drive in that Pinto and hasn't improved their skills since.

Reactions: Porky and FlipFlop

·
Registered
194 Posts
It seems like to me, the parking space lines they paint are much closer together than they were, say 30 years ago. Or maybe I just got fatter. Which is true but are the lines closer these days? That might be why we see some of the poor parking. And if the first car parks poorly the 5 or 6 cars down will be way out of the parking place. Not really defending poor parking but just suggesting there might be other reasons for it.
They certainly are smaller. I'll talk to one of the civil engineers at work and try to get some past and current specs.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,933 Posts
New Castle Indiana

Does New Castle still have the big fireworks display at the park? I used to park up the hill in the grassy area, thought it was a neat setting.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Maybe it's just me, I just don't see a problem here.
I looked at the photo for a bit and still could not see anything to get annoyed about. At least the cars did not try to park in the space with the motorcycle. Motorcycles the size of the one in the photo, like my Goldwing as well, pretty much show that the parking space we are in is taken, and to not try to use it. But when I am running errands with my little scooter, cars seem to think that somehow I am not entitled to a parking space. More than once I have found my scooter squeezed by nearby vehicles, but never knocked over (at least not yet). So more often I park the little scooter on the striped lines near the handicapped parking space, but in such a way as to not interfere with anyone needing the extra room for loading or unloading a wheelchair or something similar.

In places where parking is at a premium, I don't know why motorcycle specific slots are not set up. I think easily two, and maybe three bikes could fit into the space that would hold one car. I know that in many communities they will actually ticket the bikes if multiple bikes park in a single spot, especially if the parking is metered. I remember at a motorcycle rally years ago, every bike registered for the rally was given a sticker to put on their bike that would serve as a waiver for the rule of limiting one bike to one parking spot. This way multiple bikes would park in a spot with no fear of being ticketed. (I think it was a Honda Hoot from the early 2000's).

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
2015 custom/ modded Yamaha R3
413 Posts
Ooo these cagers be getting on my nerves! This is why i only park Raven on sidewalks, bike racks, or designated motorcycle parking spots.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
At Bikes, Blues & BBQ I've seen 3 or 4 bikes parked in one space. Actually there were so many bikes in the parking lot, it didn't look like anyone was paying attention to the lines painted on the asphalt. I'll park a little further away and near the open end of the parking space, because I don't want someone parking behind me (someone I don't know anyway) and I don't want someone else catching me trying to move their bike because they parked behind me.
Some people get irate when they see a stranger touching their bike, me included.

·
8,581 Posts
How many times have you purposely parked your new Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette or $80,000 Pickup, way far off in a parking spot away from the $200 Land Tanks, just so Slow Joe or Bubba wouldn't open their 1,000 lb door against your Pristine 'Vehicle from Heaven,' and then return to see a half dozen vehicles parked close to your BABY!!!! Weird is what it is. It makes ya wish that the working class Joe Blows would just use Public Transportation like they are supposed too do.

Sam 😁 :ROFLMAO:😆😅😂🤣

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe it's just me, I just don't see a problem here.
Nothing technically wrong yet thus for me it gets very frustrating to even kindly ask them to park in the middle and away.

Funny thing is they had a person with a wheel chair and could have parked in the handicapped parking and had the slot whole section of parking actually, all to themselves.

I have redone my old 88 Ninja 600 and had a cager park so close they popped their door on my tair fairing at a McDonalds. I was there, it did not end well for him. This was about 22 years ago though.

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does New Castle still have the big fireworks display at the park? I used to park up the hill in the grassy area, thought it was a neat setting.
Dunno... With Covid last year I heard that a big event was cancelled. This year major construction on the Northside of the city, shall see how Biden allows us to do.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Cagers who park their expensive vehicles at an angle, taking up two parking spots to overt a ding in their darling. Now that kinda bakes my bread. It's the me-me-me syndrome.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts