Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
This video expands on the idea of "why" we send young men to war, and not the "old" men. What was that Cliché? "No gutts, no glory!?"

-Soupy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The idiots in that video are why we riders have an image problem. The folks in cages see us all that way. I cannot begin to admire those scum.
I dont think they care about your "image problem" bud, Lol. Sounds like you got some personal issues that need worked out.

This video expands on the idea of "why" we send young men to war, and not the "old" men. What was that Cliché? "No gutts, no glory!?"

-Soupy
Hm, I beg to differ. I think they send young people to war and not old because, well I thought it was obvious but I guess not, old weak decrepit men on a battle field doesn't sound like a winning battle. Lol

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Brains beats brawn every time in battle. That's why the leaders are old and decrepit. They know how the young are going to act and already have a defense for it.

·
Nightfly
4,046 Posts
I dont think they care about your "image problem" bud, Lol. Sounds like you got some personal issues that need worked out.

Hm, I beg to differ. I think they send young people to war and not old because, well I thought it was obvious but I guess not, old weak decrepit men on a battle field doesn't sound like a winning battle. Lol
I think Oldman was referring to the "image problem" that motorcyclist have in general. Riding as these morons do only exacerbates the situation. Maybe you're the one that could use an evaluation.

Young men are sent to war because they are better able to endure the physical aspects of warfare. The elderly among us would have difficult performing many of the tasks required when fighting the enemy. Fortunately for the young, the elderly have still retained their mental facilities and are best used for the finer points of warfare, such as planning, troops needs, and requirement of troop movements, and all logistics and many other mentally challenging needs of the military.

The old weak, decrepit men on the battlefield are there to point you where you need to go. You are there to take a bullet for them.
Luvs2Play makes some excellent points, I'm in agreement.

In a public forum speaking the truth is sometimes very much frowned upon. Speaking the truth about this video would be immediate reason for termination.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Looks to me like they have only one skill, wheelies. I'm guessing bikes must be easier to steal than helmets. Pants around their knees and no gear except gloves (no fingerprints). Ride'em like they're stolen, because (my guess is) they are.

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Not again

Is this another video of young guys doing silly things?
If I want to see some riding over difficult terrain I will watch the Trial's Riders.
Or for off road: The ISDT. That is about the toughest thing you can do on a bike. So guys like Geoff Smith get my respect. Wheelie kings do not.
I have ridden my share of tough cross country events. The wimps you are trying to show in the videos would not stand a chance.
Just because a person has a video of whatever, does not mean I am obliged to watch it, or you are obliged to show it.

If you manage to stick around, the years will tack on. You too can then learn to live with the snide remarks coming from the younger folks. Just because you are not there yet, does not give you a free pass.

Unkle Crusty

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

-Soupy
Look at warriors over historical periods. The 40ish year old guys are far tougher in battle than a twenty year old. They have a fully mature body that is tough as nails and have not aged as much as I have so they do not have any losses of hardiness. They send young people because those are the ones who feel immortal and will go willingly. Also the 40 year olds are the ones running things and they know darned well they are not immortal so they send the younger ones who don't know any better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts