Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a very clean under 3000 miles R1200GS for $5500. I am not sure what I am getting loved in but it seems like a steal and it’s a beautiful machine. I have attached some images and would really appreciate some input. The bike belongs to the customer who’s brother passed away. She mentioned she wanted to sell it. So I am seriously cannot nsodering purchasing it. However, I need to do some research.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

· Registered
1,299 Posts
I've never owned one but have always liked them. There's been a lot of articles on them and I've done a lot of reading on them over the years prior to purchasing my Triumph Trophy in 2014. The 2007 is known as the best of the first generation GS's.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
28,710 Posts
That price is about half retail price and about $2,000 less than dealer trade-in price here. Every place is different though. At just 3,000 miles the guy obviously didn't ride much. Even if it's just sat in the corner of his storage area it would be worth the extra money to get it running well and then keep it there. If it fires right up even better. But to me it's a very good deal. Just for grins if you don't already know, I'd ask why he wants to sell. But 3,000 miles sorta says it to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.