Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've long dreamed about taking a professional guided motorcycle tour overseas somewhere, but have yet to do it. Part of my hesitation has been the cost and the lengthy air flight to get to some places. Part has been the concern about whether or not I would enjoy a tour of 2 weeks or so with many hours in the saddle, as exciting as that sounds but being realistic in that I am 76 years old. But I know that if I don't do it soon, I really will be too old. I originally was thinking about something in New Zealand, but the distance, the cost and the length of the tours convinced me to look for something closer.

So now I am looking at shorter tours, mostly in Italy, of 8 or 9 days where it seems the daily mileage is not overwhelming even for an old guy like me. I've contacted Edelweiss, Ayers, EagleRider and Adriatic Moto Tours with requests for more info as well as what bike they would have for me with a decently low seat height since I am now only 5'7" (you actually do shrink as you age, I used to be 5'8-1/2" but have lost 1.5 inches over the years). Anyone here have any experience with any of these companies, or any other that runs tours in Europe? I would be appreciative of any responses.

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
I've consider this too vito but to be honest, at least for me, I pay too much attention to the road in front of me to be able to enjoy the sites along the way. It sounds like fun but I just don't like the idea of parking in a ditch a second time. If I go it will be in a small bus or van so I can really look at the scenery. I understand the desire to say you road those roads though. I hope you are able to swing it. We want pictures or videos you know or it didn't happen.:devil:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts