Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 181 Posts
my bike has stock pipes, and has significant bluing very similar to that picture. one thing to note, i have an inline 4 engine on my cruiser, all four headers come out the front, and all four are blue'd almost the same distance. might be different for v twin like yours.

Things to look for when buying a new bike

my 2 cents to add would be check for leaking fluids. look for tell tale signs in the hard to clean places deep between the crankcase and tranny. as well bounce the front forks to check for leaky seals and if they look too clean then there's probably a reason.

This is great information. Especially for those of us looking on Craig's list.

I have one question though, what is the difference between a bike being "dropped" and "laid down"?

Thanks!

I have one question though, what is the difference between a bike being "dropped" and "laid down"?
'Laid down' sounds a lot better in the ad.

Technically, I would say laid down means a zero-speed drop, resulting in very minor damage if any at all. That's definitely not always the case where advertising is concerned. People tend to gild the lily about the condition of used bikes when selling them.

I wouldn't disregard a bike that has been dropped when buying used. They should be checked over carefully, however.

Sure wish I would have read this before I bought my bike. Took my hubby with me, but he didn't really do much. After I took it home, I figured out that the guy hadn't really been taking care of the bike. Tire pressure half what it should have been. No oil change. Dirty/dark brake fluid. Sticking throttle. Difficult to start, probably dirty spark plugs. Nothing major that I've found, but I'm putting in a bit of money to get it up to speed.

21 - 40 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.