Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Start earlier in the morning.
  • Just because I'm planning to only take a short trip, that doesn't mean I'm only going to take a short trip.
  • My front wheel make the most fascinating ticking noise when I have new brake pads.
  • My bike has a disturbing tendency to try and fall over once I hit a certain lean angle in low-speed twisties.
  • I can and will be passed by bicyclists on downhill twisties.
  • Bring chapstick.
  • I can comfortably spend six hours on a sport bike so long as I'm proactive about breaks and hydration.
  • I might be an adventure bike guy instead of a sport bike guy. I died a little inside every time I saw a dirt road that I couldn't explore.
  • Midday summer sun will make the most beautiful scenery in the world look flat and washed out.
  • I really need to get prescription sunglasses.
  • I am prone to what Captain Crash Idaho calls "running home to the barn." I may need to make a policy of stopping to take a break when I get within five miles of home.
  • I can spend six hours on a bike and only go a hundred and sixty miles.
  • I have enough willpower to say "No, I will not buy any food," but not enough to say "No, I will not buy any gas."
  • I am a distance and exploration type of rider. Every time I get on the bike, I want to push further into unfamiliar territory.
  • It makes me really sad to realize that I'll probably never get to show others the really cool roads I find.

·
8,571 Posts
Wow, your narrative could have been written by me as I feel the same way.:biggrin:

97 in SLC---well at least it's a dry heat!

It can get sticky here but it's nothing compared to TN and Arkansas.

I took off early and rode today: 7 acres on my ZTR lawn mower:biggrin: Right when I finished it started to rain and it's pouring now.

I also leave early and get back before it gets too hot.

Have a great 4th of July.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's the one good thing about the heat here. Swamp coolers still work!

That's some good timing with the mowing.

My fourth isn't going to be anything special, but that's only because my family is doing their thing next weekend for schedule reasons. I'll get to take my first shot at motorcycle camping!

I might go up to Ensign peak to watch the fireworks though. It overlooks the valley and you can see every show in thirty miles if the visibility is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts