- Start earlier in the morning.
- Just because I'm planning to only take a short trip, that doesn't mean I'm only going to take a short trip.
- My front wheel make the most fascinating ticking noise when I have new brake pads.
- My bike has a disturbing tendency to try and fall over once I hit a certain lean angle in low-speed twisties.
- I can and will be passed by bicyclists on downhill twisties.
- Bring chapstick.
- I can comfortably spend six hours on a sport bike so long as I'm proactive about breaks and hydration.
- I might be an adventure bike guy instead of a sport bike guy. I died a little inside every time I saw a dirt road that I couldn't explore.
- Midday summer sun will make the most beautiful scenery in the world look flat and washed out.
- I really need to get prescription sunglasses.
- I am prone to what Captain Crash Idaho calls "running home to the barn." I may need to make a policy of stopping to take a break when I get within five miles of home.
- I can spend six hours on a bike and only go a hundred and sixty miles.
- I have enough willpower to say "No, I will not buy any food," but not enough to say "No, I will not buy any gas."
- I am a distance and exploration type of rider. Every time I get on the bike, I want to push further into unfamiliar territory.
- It makes me really sad to realize that I'll probably never get to show others the really cool roads I find.