Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,233 Posts
I've got all the admiration in the world for these guys. It takes incredible talent and elephant balls. Great to watch but wouldn't even want to try it. It is insane....

·
10,757 Posts
They had all the TT races this year on the Velocity network. Had them on the DVR and my son and I watched them. Even the laps on the slow bikes were way above my skill level. A truly amazing race.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look for Macau GP 2013 on Youtube. There is a lap recorded onboard Horst Saiger. Imagine Isle of Man with walls only. :biggrin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
sick, got to know the roads like the back of your hand. one wrong turn.. of lack of turning. not good.

i do a good clip in places. but i keep it well below the triple digits in the fastest parts.

but on the track have gotten over 160. but for a short distance.

them guys and (any) gals got balls of steel to do this.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Makes me glad that I "putt-putt" around on my Cruiser (lol)

-Soupy

·
Registered
75 Posts
No surprise 245 guys died doing this since it started.
What impresses me is the way they deal with death. I think it was this year that they didn't honor a dead rider with a minute of silence but with a minute of applause.

They know the risk. It's part of the thrill.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't have that level of skill but it looks like a blast. Those guys have some guts. However, jumping a sport bike is rather fun.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Videos

Two other good ones are John McGuinness on an electric bike, and David Jeffries on a 1000 Suzuki. David talks us around the course. And the E Bike howls.

Who noticed the hair pin, or the tram tracks at the top of the mountain? Tracks are just before the over pass.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
153 Posts
There's that big right handed curve about 35 seconds in, or so.

He's leaned way the hell over and grabs a handful of throttle like there's no tomorrow.

While I'm desirous of a sport bike, I lack the testicular fortitude to ride like that. Very, very impressive.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah. That's what I want to do. ride 200 mph past brick walls and fire hydrants. I'm glad they enjoy their flirtation with suicide, but I'll stick to sensible riding techniques.

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
If you ever get the chance, watch "One Man's Island" DVD. It's chronicles the prep and race of a Canadian rider that does IoM TT for the first time.

That's one of my dream destinations...not to race but to watch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts