Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we've been having much warmer weather than normal here in Jersey.
I've been taking the bikes out for short rides whenever I could.
But this evening we had about an inch of icy snow and the towns went out
and slathered the roads in SALT!!
Riding season just ended with a bang, dammit.
I will not take my bikes out once the salt is on the road.
I can only hope for another warm spell with rain to wash the roads clean.
(sigh):icon_mad:

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
Over

Winters out East just seem to get worse later than ours.
From mid January on, we usually start to get warmer, which is what is happening now. Not to say we will not get snow in February, but that is not normal. I will be on Deep Purple in the morning. Rain is supposed to stop overnight, and we short hit low 40s tomorrow.

Unkle Krusty*

·
On The Road Again!
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually we have plenty of snow on the ground by early December. And temps in late December and January usually stay below freezing. This year has been weird.
We've had warm days with temps up in the 50s to near 60 for the last month or more. This morning it's 15 and nothing higher than 35 predicted for the next week. So it looks like winter has finally arrived, quite a bit later than normal.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I just hope winter is gone by June given the late start. I've seen snow in July so don't look forward to years like that and we could be looking at one.:(

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
I was so bummed out seeing that snow and SALT yesterday, I have a feeling my poor bike is going to get lonely out in the garage for a while now. I can't complain, I rode Christmas and New Years and a couple hundred miles in January and I still am hoping to get in a meaningful ride in February. If I can make that happen then I'm sure I'll be able to ride in 12 consecutive months (I started in May) and hopefully in every month of 2016. I know this 12 month riding goal is more or less a silly, meaningless game but I like playing it with myself, it's not the first time. I had 3 perfect years of kayaking 12 months a year, but with the right gear that's actually easier than 12 months riding, the rivers rarely totally freeze over for too long.

Usually we have plenty of snow on the ground by early December. And temps in late December and January usually stay below freezing. This year has been weird.
We've had warm days with temps up in the 50s to near 60 for the last month or more. This morning it's 15 and nothing higher than 35 predicted for the next week. So it looks like winter has finally arrived, quite a bit later than normal.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
There is no telling when the season is, I live in Oklahoma.

18 degrees last Saturday, forecasted 62 and sunny today, of course I have to work today.:mad:

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Oklahoma is where I got snowed on in July. Stupid dang state!!!

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
I was so bummed out seeing that snow and SALT yesterday, I have a feeling my poor bike is going to get lonely out in the garage for a while now. I can't complain, I rode Christmas and New Years and a couple hundred miles in January and I still am hoping to get in a meaningful ride in February. If I can make that happen then I'm sure I'll be able to ride in 12 consecutive months (I started in May) and hopefully in every month of 2016. I know this 12 month riding goal is more or less a silly, meaningless game but I like playing it with myself, it's not the first time. I had 3 perfect years of kayaking 12 months a year, but with the right gear that's actually easier than 12 months riding, the rivers rarely totally freeze over for too long.

I really respect your candid admission...... :71baldboy:

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Has this gone XXX rated?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
Warmest so far.

Temperature up, markets down.
Actually warm riding today. Think we hit close to 10, which is about 50 for the Fahrenheit folks.

Unkle Krusty*

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I've never understood the panic attacks on Wall street. I see but never really get the reasons. It's not like people will stop buying whatever these companies are pedaling. To me it's like self induced panic of the get rich quick kind. They survived Obama getting elected. That should have completely collapsed Wall street but they survived. But I don't DEPEND on Wall street directly so don't really pay attention. What's the major panic this time. North Korea? Should be if it isn't.

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
You've obviously confused a simple reference to an aforementioned game "playing it with myself" with your favorite pastime.
:coffeescreen:

Amazing how much that sentence changes if you leave out a simple 2 letter word, for a minute there I thought that's what I had done. :p

I really respect your candid admission...... :71baldboy:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I was out riding today. When I parked the bike the dashboard temperature was showing 56ºF. Rain is predicted for tomorrow and sub-freezing the next day but today was a nice riding day. Around here you get to ride all year unless you are willing to commit the bike to storage only conditions, like fogging the cylinders. I cover the bike whenever weather turns bad and ride the rest of the time. So far only about 200 miles this year, January.

·
On The Road Again!
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another reprieve!
It rained all of Friday night into Saturday morning here and all the salt washed away! Saturday afternoon I was on the road again. I plan to ride a bit more today if I can before the next freeze and snow hits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts