Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
D'ya see this woman? Delicate looking thing....looks about 12 years old or so in that helmet? Don't be fooled: that's the toughest, most resourceful woman I've ever known.... I took this nearly twenty years ago at the tail end of an 8,000 mile motorcycle tour, camping all the way..... D'ya see all that block and tackle stuff in her hand? We broke a clutch cable at oh dark thirty hours on a Sunday morning once, 500 meters from Devil's Tower, Wyoming, which is a long, long way from anywhere.... and I mean anywhere! I couldn't seem to ride the bike without a clutch, dumped it and almost broke a leg trying... and we had no spare cable. We were pretty much up it with out a paddle. She's the one that suggested we make a loop out of our remaining cable, threading it through our spark plug tool for a handle, and she's the one that offered to pull it when I couldn't from the driver's saddle. I'd yell, "In!" She'd yell, "Got it!" And I would tap it into gear....then I'd yell, "out!" And down the road we'd go! All the way home... 1800 miles....And, yes, we did stop and try and buy a cable, but all the shops said they didn't have one, but could order it in in three days.... My beautiful wife is the one who got us home! If I could, I'd marry her again everyday.... She makes my life a joy, my wonderful rear seat rider!

·
Very Famous Person
9,875 Posts
--

Jack,

I was just in Ellensburg two weeks ago--roasted my britches off! No wonder everyone who can goes over to the coast for weekends.

As to your wife, well, I didn't need her on that trip (6000 miles), but if you will send me your phone number, I will contact you the next time I need to borrow a shift handler. :biggrin:

--

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
--

Jack,

I was just in Ellensburg two weeks ago--roasted my britches off! No wonder everyone who can goes over to the coast for weekends.

As to your wife, well, I didn't need her on that trip (6000 miles), but if you will send me your phone number, I will contact you the next time I need to borrow a shift handler. :biggrin:

--
With all due respect, my friend, I don't loan out my wife! And you have it all wrong; usually all the coasties are over here trying to escape the rain! You just came through at an unusual time.....! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts