Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I need experts eyes to identify a front end. I thought it was an R1 but I posted it on a forum dedicated to it and members told me that it had nothing to do with the yamaha. Do any of you recognize the forks or the triple tree?

Thank you in advance!
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Vehicle
Auto part Suspension part Vehicle Brake Bicycle fork
Metal Bicycle fork Photography Steel

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I have seen these forks, or similar ones before. The bottom of the fork near the axle is what trips a memory in the old memory banks.
Seems they were on something like a RC51 Honda, or maybe one of the earlier Buell's. Is there any numbers or symbols in any of the castings?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it! because of the brake caliper logo, the motorcycle it belongs to is a HYOSUNG GT650, a korean brand.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I found it! because of the brake caliper logo, the motorcycle it belongs to is a HYOSUNG GT650, a korean brand.
Thanks for the update. You must be able to see something not in the photos. At least I sure can't see anything. Good sleuthing on your part though. (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welp, I wanted to swap the front end of my XJR for this one but now that I found out I'm not sure, the difference in weight is like 210 (for the HYOSUNG) vs 230 (for the XJR). I don't know if it's strong enough for that...

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
The risk of a fork failure to save 20 pounds just doesn't seem to be worth it. And by the looks of that front wheel, I'd venture a guess that fork has seen some rough usage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts