Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a little nervous about our oncoming European motorcycle summer....our third. I always do. Somebody on a Goldwing forum called pre-trip jitters the "Moose Jaw Willies," and I get a bad case of them every time we go on a big trip. But they usually only last until the airliner's wheels leave the ground on our first take-off. I keep looking for excuses not to go: the high cost of food and gas in Norway, the Russian belligerence in the Baltics, "I may be too old to camp," blah, blah, blah, blah..... But then I get rational, and think of how lucky we are, how lucky we are to be in a position to sometimes travel the globe on a motorcycle, how millions and perhaps billions of people have never been able to leave the few square miles of earth upon which they've been born, of all the people barely hanging on to life in Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia -- and I look in the mirror and call myself what it is that I am: a coward. So, we're going.... we may have to substitute the Franco/Spanish border, the Pyrenees, and Corsica for Norway, but what kind of hardship is that? We're going; and we'll have a good, enriching time: we always do.

(In the South Tyrolean Dolomites, 2012)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,443 Posts
Europe is the lowest it has been in a long, long time. The Euro is at an all time low 1.06 dollar to a Euro. Go and enjoy yourself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts