Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was one of the more productive days in my motorcycling life...

First DMV trip - Got my license WOO HOO And registered my 2002 EX-500.

First ride... in my gear- At the msf it was just gloves and helmet. Got to put on the jacket (scorpion stinger), boots (shift fuel racing boots), gloves (a*star alloys), and helmet (exo-400). Went around my block for 30 minutes. It was nearly 90 out, but as long as I'm moving it's as comfortable as can be. Stayed in the Subdivision, nothing above 35 yet - may be a week before I get out on bigger roads.

First experience with cagers - In 30 minutes, I was passed at stop sign, pulled in front of by someone making a right hand turn and someone turned left in front of me while I was going through an intersection.

First bout with object fixation - if you look at the curb you'll probably head straight for said curb.

First drop - got that out of the way quick. Instead of hitting the curb I felt necessary to brake - handle bars weren't square and down we went. Stood up, picked her up, circled the block came back to the same stop sign/turn and proceeded to not look at the curb for 5 straight turns (the scrape on me shin will act as a sound reminder for now).

·
Registered
242 Posts
I remember my first drop too. Same thing, came to a stop at a stop sign but I looked down, plus handlebars weren't square. Tip to the right! And down she goes!

Interestingly enough though I was less nervous after dropping the bike. Almost felt like "whew, got that out of the way, now I can focus on just riding!" If that makes sense lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, 2002 EX-500.

Analizing your each ride, you will be learning well. Welcome to the pleasant addiction.
/
/
/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts