Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schools in session again folks............

Not like you didn't know that, but anyway........

In the mornings now, as I ride to work, I have (as we all do) more obstacles to watch out for. School buses and kids, particularly.

It's always interesting to see how the bus stop agenda changes, depending on what kids are added or removed from the route. It takes a week or two for my pea brain to get used to "the new normal" in the morning.

One young man, perhaps fourteen or so, had this huge grin on his face yesterday morning, as I was motoring up to his "corner" where he waited for HIS bus. "Hello!" he says..........I return the greeting. I presume kids like that to be "future riders" and so I'm especially observant of my actions on the bike around them, not wanting to give them any excuse for bad behavior when they DO ride someday, because they "saw one guy once, do _______."

Be careful out there!!

-Soupy

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
I only see them on my way home (third shift) But yeah, always try to set a good example and be friendly. I love to encourage future riders :thumbsup:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they have such BIG eyes, when I'm riding by........I feel sort of ........well........responsible, some how.

-Soupy

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had one all in black cross the road close enough in front of me to warrant slowing down. Yep. School's in. Watch out.

·
On The Road Again!
3,849 Posts
Not on a bike, but still a good kid story....
About 20 years ago I was driving a tractor trailer.
Warm spring day on Route 80, everyone has their windows open.
I look down beside me on the left and see a Nissan Pathfinder SUV.
Two adult men in the front seat and a kid who appeared to be about
10 or so laying across the back seat, feet towards me head on the
arm rest.
The kid leans up on one elbow smiles and pumps the other arm for the horns.
I laid on the airhorn. The guy in the right front seat practically jumped out the window!! If looks could kill!! LOL!!
The kid was now laughing so hard that he fell off the seat onto the floor.
As I waved back at him, I know I made his day!! (not so much for the guy in the front seat though) :coffeescreen:

·
Registered
518 Posts
We used to pump our arms for the big trucks that rode past our bus stop. It was kick when they'd blow the air horns for us. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts