Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
893 Posts
Thank you ! .

·
Registered
893 Posts
LOL ~ I don't think I've received one of those since 1976.....

• Haha
Reactions: Kuiil

·
Registered
893 Posts
I remember when that was a new show, my buddies said 'you HAVE to see this ! Archie's JUST LINK YOU Nate !' .

Oops .

I was talking with my big brother over lunch about 1960's T.V. shows, when I go back and look at them, many seem insipid to me know .

All In The Family was sort of a documentary to those of us that lived it....

• Love

·
Registered
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Been perusing other forums as a non-member, looking for info on what naked, cruiser or muscles bikes have center stands and/or the option of installing (a hopefully factory) one...

One thing I noticed is, as soon as someone starts mentioning they prefer a center stand, a bunch of well-meaning others, begin pointing out the evils of center stands and how just using a lift or some other discombobulated contraption... is so much better.

Had a couple of Kawis with eccentric cam chain adjusters and center stands. My oil change and chain maintenance time was literally under 15 minutes (if I didn't detail everything under the bike).

I ride sportingly but, not stupidly (any more), on public roads... and have never scraped a center stand or missed the weight advantage of not having a center stand.

Chain, shaft or belt only matters to a point. Each has distinct advantages that can be appreciated. If I succumb to a chain; I'd just upgrade my chain and sprocket set to the lowest maintenance offerings possible and use the best chain cleaning/lubrication standards, that fit my needs (done).

What I've been researching recently is...

Which chain driven naked, cruiser or muscles bikes are applicable to have the LighTech Chain Adjuster Kit installed... and can have a center stand installed.

I just gotta tell you guys, it's a real challenge. It almost seems like every time I figure out a bike I like, it's either incompatible with a center stand or the LighTech Chain Adjuster Kit. So frustrating!

• Haha
Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
893 Posts
I can't imagine not having a center stand .

Every time I see a bike without one, the lack of proper maintenance is obvious .

I too have decided to only buy top quality O-Ring chains from here on out .

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
Mine lost its center stand via the former owner cutting the brackets off, or one of the former owners I should say as it was molested by a few before I got it. I considered welding some brackets back on then decided to just add spools and use one of them type of center stands stands for servicing. I have used some that was little platforms that went under the rear swingarm but they felt very unstable in comparison.

Human body Bicycle part Automotive exterior Auto part Font

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm old so I've used 'racing quick stands' to very good effect ~ they're far more basic and crude than the one you pictured, have a L O N G pipe handle that quickly flips the rear of the bike off the ground .

• Love
Reactions: FlipFlop and Kuiil

·
Registered
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Mine lost its center stand via the former owner cutting the brackets off, or one of the former owners I should say as it was molested by a few before I got it. I considered welding some brackets back on then decided to just add spools and use one of them type of center stands stands for servicing. I have used some that was little platforms that went under the rear swingarm but they felt very unstable in comparison.

View attachment 75167
Your, if it don't work, make it work, posture is admirable. Reminds me of when my cousin hammered a Holley 850 Double Pumper onto my Trans Am's manifold, as he said, if it don't fit, we make it fit.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm reminded of the old adage : "there's no problem so difficult it cannot be overcome by generous application of brute force and ignorance" .

• Haha
Reactions: SemiFast and Kuiil
161 - 172 of 172 Posts