Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a world where there are very few who venture into the annals of the "new/old," and survive, "Janus" continues its adventure with resolve and tenacity.
The newest version of their "250" has hit the market, with some advances that makes sense, but are not, in my opinion, necessarily the best looking or the most retro.

The boxy construction of the rear light array is more aerodynamic I suppose, I'll give em that; but visually, it does nothing for me. The Silver Logo reveal on the gas tank is a nice touch, but the seat is still a two by four on steroids that looks like it would offer me limited comfort for rides of any length of time. Admittedly, it is obvious that these bikes are not being designed with long-distance rides in mind. I don't believe for a moment that they would classify their bikes as "Touring Bikes."

For a company that is trying to re-introduce the retro styles of motorcycles, they have acquiesced to the modern in their styling of the handlebar and gauge presentation, and lost some of that "old school" appeal in the process.

These guys are working hard, and I give them all the credit in the world for their efforts. Their bikes look like they would be great conversation pieces, and fun to putt around town on, but unless they venture out into the more modern sophisticated motorcycles at some point, may find themselves floundering in sales.

Certainly I wish them all the best, and see the merit of all their hard work, but the future is uncertain for them in my opinion, if they stay a "retro" reconstruction company for too long. They are smart fellas and have a strong work ethic that is evident in their reports and products.

-Soupy

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Gee Soupy... I watched this video, and what I noticed is that a lot of the extended parts are typical aftermarket stuff. The handlebars are aftermarket "bargmans", The turn signals are BikeMaster Bajas.

I'm now curious about this Janus company... Guess I'll go google me some more info!!

Thanks for the heads up!!

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
I still think it would be a hoot to ride. The whole its more fun to ride a slow bike fast thing.... Kudos to them for trying to make it in the affordable bike world. IMO its easier to build a decent expensive bike than a decent affordable one. Sign me up for when they come out with a 450cc version. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts