Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! (not sure if this is allowed or not, but I was hoping that those of you who own a motorcycle helmet or have been a rider would be able to answer my dissertation survey)

I am conducting surveys for my dissertation titled 'To what extent can the design of motorcycle helmets influence the emotions and perceptions of motorcyclists, the motorcycle community, and the public?', and thought that this community would be the best place to post it.

I was hoping that you guys might be able to take some time and answer a survey targeted at those of you who own a motorcycle helmet in order to find out more about helmet design, and what has led to the purchase of your helmet.

Survey link: The Design of Your Motorcycle Helmet

I would be incredibly grateful if you could take the time to answer this short survey - thank you so much!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I clicked and answered. No problem. Since I regularly ride with either of 2 helmets, I answered the survey twice. Once for modular and once for open-face. The survey takes less than 2 minutes to complete. Let's help this bloke out by completing his survey.

·
American Legion Rider
26,412 Posts
It's only a Google Forms document, but I completely understand if you don't want to click on it. Thanks anyway! 😊
Folks wouldn't be so reluctant had you introduced yourself first as is requested on this site. It's a handshake type of thing as you enter a strangers house more than anything else. (y)
New Member Introductions can be found in the following...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks wouldn't be so reluctant had you introduced yourself first as is requested on this site. It's a handshake type of thing as you enter a strangers house more than anything else. (y)
New Member Introductions can be found in the following...
Ah I see 😅 Sorry - I wasn't aware that it was a requirement I'm not really familiar with how forums work. Thanks for letting me know!

·
American Legion Rider
26,412 Posts
I wasn't aware that it was a requirement
No longer a requirement but a request. Think of it like you are going into a strangers house for the first time. Do you just barge in or introduce yourself? Same kind of thing with forums, not just this. It makes folks feel like they know you even if it’s just to say you are new and have a favor to ask. But the more the better. Common courtesy is the best way I could put it.

Reactions: Trials

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
No longer a requirement but a request. Think of it like you are going into a strangers house for the first time. Do you just barge in or introduce yourself? Same kind of thing with forums, not just this. It makes folks feel like they know you even if it’s just to say you are new and have a favor to ask. But the more the better. Common courtesy is the best way I could put it.
Your age is showing, being polite is rapidly becoming an obsolete concept.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Seen that with table manors too. Younglings in a public restaurant eating a meal while wearing a baseball cap.

I held a door open for a lady and she chewed me out for it. I guess she wanted me to let it slam in her face. Society is out of kilter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts