Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Honda Dream Yuga is a 110cc motorcycle that is challenging Hero MotoCorp in India. Hero sells mostly re-badged Hondas with power-trains shipped in from Japan. They are also the number one motorcycle seller in India. Honda certainly would like a stake in that growing motorcycle market.

The Dream Yuga puts out about 9 horsepower, which certainly isn't going to win any drag races. It is still plenty to get from point A to point B and is a lot faster than walking.

Light weight black alloy wheels are standard, as well as drum brakes. Honda claims the motorcycle is “almost maintenance free”, so low upkeep cost is also a plus for the motorcycle. The light weight commuter gets an advertized 170 miles per gallon, which makes it a gas-sipper by US standards.

Probably the most attractive feature of the machine is it's price tag. At 46,000 Indian Rupees, it's a real bargain. That's about $946 in US dollars.

Honda will be going head-to-head with Hero's Splendor, a low-cost commuter like the Dream Yuga. It's anyone's guess who will come out on top.

[Rediff]

·
Read Only
950 Posts
Wow. You could buy two to have a spare at that price!

The 170MPG is also really nice even though it is slow, for a city dweller it would not be bad. Honda just got sued over MPG estimates the EPA mandates they put on cars, hybrid only got 40mpg instead of 50 so I wonder if that is going to spread to other items :/

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
For just under $1000 I would almost buy one of those right now. I bet it will never come to the US market though.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Me too. For that price, and if it gets close to that mileage. All the benefits of a moped without actually having to ride one. Of course by the time they bring it up to required US standards the price will have at least doubled, and mileage will be halved.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's awesome! I'd buy one too just for fun. Wonder what it would take to import one and get it registered here. Anyone know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts