Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick note to say : THANK YOU ! for allowing me to join in here, I have already leared a great deal and will continue to learn as much as i can as I crave education .

Please accept my apologies in advance for sometimes being crude, I never mean to be mean spirited, spiteful
or whatever .

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I, too, am thankful for this forum! Shortly after I joined, many of the OG's left for various reasons and it was pretty quiet for awhile. Those who stuck around were very helpful and/or entertaining and I've learned a lot! It's nice to see the resurgence in members!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So then ;

TELL YER FRIENDS ! .
I love forums and bulletin boards because they al,most always have so much FREE LEARNING going on .

What the heck are you guys doing out of bed ?! o_O .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can dig the not needing as much sleep as you age out .

When I began at the L.A.P.D. my training officer (Larry, may you R.I.P.) was 53 and only slept three hours a night, after dinner with his wife they'd toddle off to bed and around midnight he'd get up and go into his workshop in his garage, he sound proofed it well so as to not bother her, he was a hobbyist gun smith .

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
3 hours?! That's crazy! I still need about 7-8 hours, I just go to bed waaay earlier than I used to!

Hope you all have a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,978 Posts
Thanksgiving Day means winter is really here. Right now it’s 19 degrees, feels like 10. A guess the bike and scooter will stay covered and asleep for the next few months. In the past, winter meant looking forward to the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago in February, but now that is an outdoor show in the summer. Might be a long dark winter.

Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BELCH ~ oops, sorry guys, that was quite a feast we had .

In Los Angeles we had 'Santa Ana Winds' meaning warm air blowing briskly in from the Desert .

Tree limbs blocking streets and freeways, leaves swirling in dust devils so on and so forth .
One of our foster boys is heavy and he tore through everything like a tornado , T'other is so skinny if he turns sideways he almost vanishes, he said he was full after a miserly 1/3 plate then discovered 3/4 a pot full of home made yams and told me "when there's YAMS I'm never full ;) .

I was fast asleep before 18:00 hours....

Winter/ snow riding, I used to ride Tiddlers in th snow, you begin by dragging you feet as outriggers and pretty soon you're feet on the pegs and sliding around the corners like a racer except really slowly :) .

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
when there's YAMS I'm never
He would love my wife's version of yams. I wouldn't eat the dry things until I tried her's. Now I could eat the whole bowl full myself. Her's are Amaretto Yams(mashed). Yep, made with Amarito Amaretto Liqueur and the more the better.

Bottle Liquid Bottle cap Plant Ingredient

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's nothing like home cooking .

Sadly, I'm useless at the stove/oven .

My Sweet is from Oklahoma and cooks up a storm .

Me, I wash every dish I see , unasked, it's the very least I can do .

Her daughter too is a fantastic cook .

Reactions: Maxpressure520
1 - 15 of 15 Posts