Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have been born here but what can you do?
I don't know why I have only now found and joined this forum. I do most of my own work. Well, I guess all of it except I gave a guy 5 bucks to change a clutch cable on a bug. My good!
I'm a outdoor type and off grid wanna be. We have internet but heat with only wood. Antenna tv with netflix. berry nice!
Currently riding a '96 Sportster 1200S mostly stock. I have a GL1500SE that needs tires and a custom kick and electric shovelhead 1200. The shovel needs a stator and a head gasket if I ever find my round toit.I really need to fix it as it is the most fun to ride. Well, unless you count The Dragon on the sportster or anywhere over 20 miles an hour on the wing. lol
I enjoy helping others when I can and love learning to do new things. I have to say I've had lots of hobbies because I tend to go full bore till I get bored and then it back to the drawing.... I ain't gonna say it.
Anyway, I came with a question so I guess I will go try to post it up and see how lively this board is.
Hey to everybody.:wink:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
...........I'm a outdoor type and off grid wanna be. We have internet but heat with only wood...........
Now your talkin "my" language. We also heat our house with wood (I have a furnace for backup if need be, and I use the air ducts and furnace fan alone, for heat balance with the wood stove.

Was warm here yesterday, so I didn't light the stove in the morning. A Sparrow found its way down into the firebox (lol). Let it out, and chased it out of the house. Talk about a captive audience!!

I spend a good amount of time in the woods, (hunting, fishing, exploring) and LOVE following my compass to get there! Bushcrafting is a way of life for me that I won't surrender to "progress!"

We tap our Maples in February and make our own syrup, and stuff like that. Don't make my own "shine" though. I'll leave that mastery work to YOU boys down there!! After all.........you fellas have a LOT more experience hiding from the Revenuers than I do! (lol).

-Soupy

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We've stayed in Cleveland a few times on our way to the Smokies. We like to ride across the Skyway and along the Natahala River to watch the canoes & kayaks. I can very much see why you would be an outdoor person.

We too heat with wood. We also have some Solar panels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum. We've stayed in Cleveland a few times on our way to the Smokies. We like to ride across the Skyway and along the Natahala River to watch the canoes & kayaks. I can very much see why you would be an outdoor person.

We too heat with wood. We also have some Solar panels.
I am curious how the solar setup is working out? I think we have too many trees for it at our house. And yes, the skyway and the river gorges are great in so many ways.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
We only have 10 panels, our house is total electric and they are replacing about 25% to 30% of our electric needs. We too live in the country and have trees that we need to trim for better production. I really like the lower electric bills though.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I should have been born here but what can you do?
I don't know why I have only now found and joined this forum. I do most of my own work. Well, I guess all of it except I gave a guy 5 bucks to change a clutch cable on a bug. My good!
I'm a outdoor type and off grid wanna be. We have internet but heat with only wood. Antenna tv with netflix. berry nice!
Currently riding a '96 Sportster 1200S mostly stock. I have a GL1500SE that needs tires and a custom kick and electric shovelhead 1200. The shovel needs a stator and a head gasket if I ever find my round toit.I really need to fix it as it is the most fun to ride. Well, unless you count The Dragon on the sportster or anywhere over 20 miles an hour on the wing. lol
I enjoy helping others when I can and love learning to do new things. I have to say I've had lots of hobbies because I tend to go full bore till I get bored and then it back to the drawing.... I ain't gonna say it.
Anyway, I came with a question so I guess I will go try to post it up and see how lively this board is.
Hey to everybody.:wink:
Howdy mooseye!
I am from "Seymour" TN. But I spent several years in S.C. in the military and have friends and family there as well. I was stationed in Sumter,S.C. and have friends and family in York and Rock Hill!
Welcome to the forum!
Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts