Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to motorcycles and looking for my first set of gear. I really want something that can be worn with slacks or jeans and not scream out "motorcycle boot." I want something versatile.

From what I can see in terms of protection Urban is better than Avenue. I am mostly concerned about how Germain stacks against the other two. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Even just helping me out with the written specs would help. Like I said. I am new. I am more of a tech guy usually working with a lot more info before I buy something.

Also I know these are "light" moto boots but how much better are these compared to a standard soft leather boot?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For what its worth. I ended up buying the TCX X avenue. They are stiff in comparison to a dress shoe but softer than what I would think would be adequate protection. Its better than a dress boot for sure but the protection does seem lacking.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Thank you for the follow up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to motorcycles and looking for my first set of gear. I really want something that can be worn with slacks or jeans and not scream out "motorcycle boot." I want something versatile.

From what I can see in terms of protection Urban is better than Avenue. I am mostly concerned about how Germain stacks against the other two. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Even just helping me out with the written specs would help. Like I said. I am new. I am more of a tech guy usually working with a lot more info before I buy something.

Also I know these are "light" moto boots but how much better are these compared to a standard soft leather boot?
Hey I was curious if you had seen the icon tarmac's that are mentioned often on here? What swayed you when you made your purchase?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just got a pair of the X Avenues too and like them quite a bit. I was looking for something easy to put on, which the side zipper allows, but offered more protection than the sneakers I was wearing. The only part I don't like is the strap, which doesn't seem to serve any purpose, other than as a place to put the X Avenue branding. Most of my rides are under a hour so I don't need anything more hard core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts