Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently aquired a downed 1990 Zx600d and am in the process of converting it to a streetfighter/naked style bike. When taking off the front fairing bracket I accidently tapped the bottom of my ignition where the wires meet and saw sparks. Since then I haven't been able to get any electrical power on the bike at all. I've checked the fuses in the box and they are all ok. I was wondering if there could be a fuse on the starter that blew? Or possibly need a new ignition? There aren't any burn marks on the wires either... has me stumped. Bike ran perfectly fine before stripped the broken fairing and put on the new headlight.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Have you checked the main fuse? These are often located in a different spot than the fuse box itself. A blown main fuse would account for no power anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope Ill check it as soon as the sun rises, so long as I can find it. I'm sure theres a location somewhere on google. I thought they would all be in the box im horrible with wiring. Thanks for the help I hope that's all it is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I traced it down and it was blown, thanks for sharing your knowledge I can enjoy this nice summer day the right way now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts