Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,823 Posts
Just about Sunset, 6:15 PM or so, looking West. There is a very large Storm a little further SW, coming this way, with Rain, sleet and snow. It was 65 degrees today and yesterday in Carthage and I really wanted to ride a bit but to no avail. :)

Cloud Sky Water Plant Natural landscape

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just about Sunset, 6:15 PM or so, looking West.
That's a real nice one! (y)

Speaking of sunset, anyone else find themselves hating the whole Daylight Savings Time more each year? If anything, I'd love to see it reversed so it's not light until 9 freaking 30 at night in the summer! And don't get me started on feeling like sunset is coming on at 3:30 this time of year! Boy, am I getting crankier (or maybe just more vocal) as I get older... <sigh> :LOL:

·
Premium Member
10,600 Posts
For the 0700 bus it is just getting light again, about 7 weeks after the shortest day. Going the other way gets to early November. The early workers, and the school, and the 0735 ferry catchers, look forward to this time of year. Then the dopey buggers change the time, and we go back in to darkness. Brilliant.
High noon should be at high noon. We are off by well over an hour. Stupid. It is easy to figure. drive a stake in to the ground. Make it vertical. Make a note of the shadow, and the time.

Set the clocks as close as possible to high noon at 1200 in the center of your state or province and leave it there.
Let the workers of the world, and everyone else make their own schedules, work wise or otherwise. UK

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
From this morning in my front yard -
Is that the moon setting in the west?
From this morning, ferry dock.
I honestly don't think I could live your lifestyle UK. I applaud you though. I just don't think I could deal with it.
Just about Sunset, 6:15 PM or so, looking West
I had to blow that up to prove to myself that wasn't snow still hanging around. I've had trouble capturing an orange sunrise or sunset. Did you do that with your phone or a SLR camera? I usually have to adjust the colors to see oranges the way I'm seeing it. I must not have my SLR setting right. But just a very few tweaks and the image is exactly like I saw it. Great shot there, Sam. (y)

Speaking of sunset, anyone else find themselves hating the whole Daylight Savings Time more each year?
Absolute. It's the dumbest thing going today. Maybe our government thinks if they can't control when we get up in the morning or when we go to bed at night, that they don't really have control of us. You can't convince me that slavery has been abolished. The master still controls the cloak and the new slaves just get some money now. I thought when I retired I wouldn't be a slave anymore but nope, the master still controls me. But there is always someone or something controlling or you got nothing but chaos.

·
Zip
2,902 Posts
That's a real nice one! (y)

Speaking of sunset, anyone else find themselves hating the whole Daylight Savings Time more each year? If anything, I'd love to see it reversed so it's not light until 9 freaking 30 at night in the summer! And don't get me started on feeling like sunset is coming on at 3:30 this time of year! Boy, am I getting crankier (or maybe just more vocal) as I get older... <sigh> :LOL:
You're much further east in the Eastern time zone than I am, so your sunrises and sunsets are almost an hour earlier than mine. At Summer solstice it's light in the sky until well past 10 pm.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,823 Posts
Larry, my recent pic's have been taken with my Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, 512 GB. It currently holds 2,153 Photos.

Our fellow Friends and Members all seem to take fantastic Pictures that are so beautiful that they seem Professionally rendered!

Sam :bigthumb:

·
27,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Our fellow Friends and Members all seem to take fantastic Pictures that are so beautiful that they seem Professionally rendered!
They do. I feel like I’m using an old Polaroid camera comparatively.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The one benefit of my commute is some amazing sunrises and pastoral scenery. This morning was beautiful, but also kind of ominous...

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Daytime Afterglow

·
27,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I asked one of our retired sailors if that's true on the open seas as well and he said, "pretty much". So there's much to consider when you see a sunrise like that. And we just had a front go through that could have been that red sky warning if that photo was taken yesterday.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,889 Posts
There's a ferry in that pic ? ;)
Yeap, it is a flat barge, cable guided and I think propelled by an outboard (I could be making that part up). I am standing at one end taking a picture to the front. It was fully loaded that trip,
Red sky in the m
orning is a pretty true warning . The more red , the more attention should be paid .
Words to live by:

Red sky at night -sailor's delight
Red sky in the morn - sailor be warned

Words to live by if you take to the seas.

• Love
Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeap, it is a flat barge, cable guided and I think propelled by an outboard (I could be making that part up). I am standing at one end taking a picture to the front. It was fully loaded that trip,

Words to live by:

Red sky at night -sailor's delight
Red sky in the morn - sailor be warned

Words to live by if you take to the seas.
Red skies applies pretty much everywhere . ;)

·
Mod of the North
601 Posts
I am off today and have all my errands run. It is 19F. We got 2” of rain last night and then 4” of snow. Sunny now and the only proper thing to do was pull up a chair on the gazebo and enjoy the sunshine. A little day drinking in the back yard with the dog is sometimes the best option.

Snow Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Fawn

Snow Property Furniture Table Tree

·
27,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Coors??? No worse than my Miller. I can’t stand Bud. That stuff gives me a monster headache. Now my wife’s home-brew is great. But then her’s are normally stouts. Good stuff there. (y)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,823 Posts
I am off today and have all my errands run. It is 19F. We got 2” of rain last night and then 4” of snow. Sunny now and the only proper thing to do was pull up a chair on the gazebo and enjoy the sunshine. A little day drinking in the back yard with the dog is sometimes the best option.

I think I saw a Polar Bear in that 'Hot tub.' Oh---no wait, that's your Pup! :)

View attachment 72853
View attachment 72852

·
Mod of the North
601 Posts
Coors Light is a great option if you are gonna have more than one as it goes down easy and doesn’t hit hard. Ya gotta stay hydrated right??. I like the Miller too. I like Coors Banquet and if out at a pub a Guinness is always welcome.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts