Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Yup, that puppy got it together. We must be getting what left your area now ourselves. Bumpers and high wind just started. Another night I sleep sound and the wife is wide awake. These late afternoon/early evening dogs can get nasty.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
Something tells me you aint in Kansas anymore, Tank lol

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Round here that's a dust devil.
A little bit north we call 'em cold air funnels. Look sorta scary but generally don't do much damage.

When you see the big ones with debris flying out the sides and the sound of a freight train, you best be taking cover rather than pics. :biggrin:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
When you see the big ones with debris flying out the sides and the sound of a freight train, you best be taking cover rather than pics. :biggrin:
Well, you should........ :biggrin:
I watched the May 3rd tornado hit Moore from my back porch.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Round here that's a dust devil.
LMAO. Literally. I totally understand. This one was the only touchdown behind my house about 2 miles. The alert system seemed worked great. Can't imagine living any closer inside tornado alley.

C

·
0 Posts
When I lived in Missouri we saw those quite often. Nothing to take lightly, they will literally suck the breath right out you.

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Or suck a small pond nearly empty. Quickly! Only saw that once but it stuck as very impressive.

·
2,799 Posts
Or suck a small pond nearly empty. Quickly! Only saw that once but it stuck as very impressive.
Along with the waterfowl on it!

Years ago, a strong tornado went through approx 30-40 miles away from us during the Spring migration. Sucked up a huge flock of geese and spit them out for miles. It was literally raining geese in my area.

My dog spent several days fetching them home from the surrounding fields. :eek:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Just had one go over here, nothing happened, just wind and rain, lots of rain. Sirens going off in town and my weather radio won't shut off now.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
1/2 mile wide F3 moving toward Blanchard Oklahoma. Headed our way supposedly, usually they turn North toward Moore.

·
2,799 Posts
Just had one go over here, nothing happened, just wind and rain, lots of rain. Sirens going off in town and my weather radio won't shut off now.
Hey Luvs2Play... just heard that Roseland got hit. You okay? How close to town are you?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
There was nothing but rain, and lots of it. I was in town when the sirens went off. I am only two miles out of town itself, it's a whopping 200 people, only half live in town limits though.

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
That stuff is all around me today and can hardly believe I made it home dry.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I was wrong, town did get hit, had to be less than two minutes after I left.

It's all blocked off now by the State Patrol and all the local fire departments. The only damage I could see from the highway is a house and a steel machine shed. A lot of powerlines down. Won't know until they let us back in now. At least the report is that nobody was hurt, that is always good.

·
2,799 Posts
I was wrong, town did get hit, had to be less than two minutes after I left.

It's all blocked off now by the State Patrol and all the local fire departments. The only damage I could see from the highway is a house and a steel machine shed. A lot of powerlines down. Won't know until they let us back in now. At least the report is that nobody was hurt, that is always good.
When I asked I'd just received an NWS report of damage in Roseland. Glad no one was hurt and that you dodged the bullet being that close to town.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Early 1980's..... VHS and Beta "Camcorders" come to market. And within 30 years....

UFO sightings....plummet.

Tornado fatalities.....skyrocket.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
When I asked I'd just received an NWS report of damage in Roseland. Glad no one was hurt and that you dodged the bullet being that close to town.
I was right where a machine shed went down and couldn't see anything. It was raining so hard I couldn't see in front of the pickup, I was on my way home from work. There was nothing on the radio about it until after I got home.

A few years back one went about 100 yards from the house, took out about half a section of corn, but nothing else was hurt. That was LOUD! We watched that one touch down too, spotter was across the road and he came over to the house for cover.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts