Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
I have a chinese 125cc motorbike with a really squeaky sound coming from the back suspension. I am convinced its coming from the swingarm bearings or bushings. The bike is a Sinnis Max 2 2011 reg. Phoned up a few garages near me and they all said it would hard to find swingarm parts for it. I'd have to leave the bike there for them to take it apart and match the parts when they see what they look like, order them...bla bla bla and that would leave me without a bike for probably a week. Does anyone possibly know what parts the bike would have or a good website to order parts from. I'd rather experiment with parts and do myself, keep me on the road a much as possible. The bike is also called Qingqi Sport as well as Sinnis Max 2, QM125-2V. Any help would be greatly appreciated ☺

·
Mod/Motorcyclist/ Trucker/ Deplorable
1,249 Posts
Try some WD40 or even chain lube on the actual pivot and take it for a ride to see if the squeaky stops. Bronze bushings is one of the bearing surfaces used in them. Bad thing about them bikes (Chinese built) they go very cheap on a lot of stuff in them so make sure you trouble shoot completely before you let someone just keep it for a while. If you have a Chinese bike service center near there might be better to let them work on it if you don't have the know how.

·
American Legion Rider
22,491 Posts
Here's a trick that has worked for me many times in getting oil to critical places. Shoot some transmission oil or penetrating oil where needed then immediately shoot some good oil in there. The first oil will help wick the good oil in where needed. But you need to work the area that needs the oil as well. So in this case like FlipFlop suggests, take the bike for a ride. Down the roughest road you can find the better. Then repeat. At some point you should get the squeak to stop. But there is a good chance you will have to replace those bearings or bushings at some point anyway but this may delay it.

Reactions: mike721

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try some WD40 or even chain lube on the actual pivot and take it for a ride to see if the squeaky stops. Bronze bushings is one of the bearing surfaces used in them. Bad thing about them bikes (Chinese built) they go very cheap on a lot of stuff in them so make sure you trouble shoot completely before you let someone just keep it for a while. If you have a Chinese bike service center near there might be better to let them work on it if you don't have the know how.
Thanks for response mate. I've tried it with WD40 but I don't think it gets where its supposed to. It still squeaks after I spray it. It depends on the day if it will squeak or not, it will either squeak all day or won't. Is it worth taking the bolt off and spraying it? Is there anything else I can try use on it as a temporary fix? Also no there isn't any service center around for Chinese bike. There's one that hasn't got great knowledge for bikes and another one that has some good engineers but overcharges. Even the expensive one though has said that they will need to keep the bike for a while to figure out the parts, track them down and have them fitted. What do I do guys

·
Mod/Motorcyclist/ Trucker/ Deplorable
1,249 Posts
Me I am short fused when it comes to people telling me they got to figure anything out. At least they are being honest with you though. I do my own work and would tear into it myself. once you tear into it you might just find bearing grease would fix it up. Tear into it and see nothing, don't just spray it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me I am short fused when it comes to people telling me they got to figure anything out. At least they are being honest with you though. I do my own work and would tear into it myself. once you tear into it you might just find bearing grease would fix it up. Tear into it and see nothing, don't just spray it.
Ok I think thats what I'll do, thanks FlipFlop

·
Registered
70 CB 18 Wolf 19 San Gabriel
33 Posts
Bleeping browser crash erased... so you get short thoughts.
Take it apart yourself. I refuse to pay someone else to learn on my dime. See if you can drill and tap for a Zerk fitting. If not, take apart and slather with grease. Re-assemble.
tom

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
Old school is bronze bushings and a steel shaft. Upgrade to groves in the bushings for grease, and a grease fitting to squirt in fresh grease. Probably bushings of inferior quality, possibly steel, and no greases. Bang out the shaft and inspect. Clean the bits, put grease all over, and bung in the shaft. Do not get fancy and drive out the bushings.

Plan B. Get a radio and turn up the volume. It is possible they have done something silly, like rubber bushings. An inspection if the only way to know. Turning new bushings in a lathe is basic stuff. Many places supply standard size bushings. No need to make. Old school bronze bushings with sufficient grease works fine.
Roller bearings and no grease with rust is worsa. UK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old school is bronze bushings and a steel shaft. Upgrade to groves in the bushings for grease, and a grease fitting to squirt in fresh grease. Probably bushings of inferior quality, possibly steel, and no greases. Bang out the shaft and inspect. Clean the bits, put grease all over, and bung in the shaft. Do not get fancy and drive out the bushings.

Plan B. Get a radio and turn up the volume. It is possible they have done something silly, like rubber bushings. An inspection if the only way to know. Turning new bushings in a lathe is basic stuff. Many places supply standard size bushings. No need to make. Old school bronze bushings with sufficient grease works fine.
Roller bearings and no grease with rust is worsa. UK
I think thats what I'll do, thank you very much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts