Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I put a dent in my swing arm with a lock I keep on my bike for theft protection but I rolled it forward with it still on and put a dent in the swing arm. No cracks and it rides fine. Should I be concerned or is it just cosmetic? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I think your probably OK strength integrity wise, I just wonder if the accuracy of the alignment markers have been compromised. At the very least you should touch up the paint to prevent rust.
On the other hand, that looks like it may be a new bike, looks pretty nice. May be worth replacing just to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it is a new bike and was a dumb move on my part forgetting the lock was still there before rolling it forward. Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your probably OK strength integrity wise, I just wonder if the accuracy of the alignment markers have been compromised. At the very least you should touch up the paint to prevent rust.
On the other hand, that looks like it may be a new bike, looks pretty nice. May be worth replacing just to keep it looking good.
That video gave me a good laugh haha

·
American Legion Rider
19,418 Posts
If you don't replace it I'd keep an eye on it for future stress/fatigue cracking. It won't happen overnight but just something to always check in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all, I put a dent in my swing arm with a lock I keep on my bike for theft protection but I rolled it forward with it still on and put a dent in the swing arm. No cracks and it rides fine. Should I be concerned or is it just cosmetic? Thanks!
Hi
The strength is of swinging arm is compromised as the
sections profile is changed.
Considering safety replacement is needed

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts