Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I am in need of some help,

I have a 2006 sv650s only 12k on the clock, I bought this bike around 2 months ago And haven’t had no issues until last week where the bike decided to cut out as I came to a stop while holding the clutch....

I also noticed that when I rev the engine below 1000rpm a few times while I’m In neutral Or even in gear the bike would also cut out... is there anyone who has any advice as to what I should do or if anyone has had a similar issue thank you I’m advance

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
hello I am in need of some help,

I have a 2006 sv650s only 12k on the clock, I bought this bike around 2 months ago And haven’t had no issues until last week where the bike decided to cut out as I came to a stop while holding the clutch....

I also noticed that when I rev the engine below 1000rpm a few times while I’m In neutral Or even in gear the bike would also cut out... is there anyone who has any advice as to what I should do or if anyone has had a similar issue thank you I’m advance
If you would be so kind, good sir, to take but a moment and introduce yourself in the New Member section. Do that and you'll likely find worthy advice more forthcoming from us old timers!

Reactions: Porky and hogcowboy

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
PS - your bike should be idling slightly above 1,000 rpm (likely between 1,200-1,400) and it may be cutting out because your idle needs to be adjusted higher...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts