Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you, sir. It's going to get some love this winter. I'm leaving the patina, just cleaning it up good and change all the fluids. My t-bucket (behind the Suzuki) needs to be finished up too. I have a long northern Ohio winter ahead of me to get this stuff done.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thank you, sir. It's going to get some love this winter. I'm leaving the patina, just cleaning it up good and change all the fluids. My t-bucket (behind the Suzuki) needs to be finished up too. I have a long northern Ohio winter ahead of me to get this stuff done.
That TC looks pretty clean already . Very nice .
And , a little bird told me that folks in that part of the country are going to have another bone chiller cold winter this coming season . I hope you have heat in your work area . ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That TC looks pretty clean already . Very nice .
And , a little bird told me that folks in that part of the country are going to have another bone chiller cold winter this coming season . I hope you have heat in your work area . ;)
Thanks. They're saying our heating costs are going up 54% this winter. If I didn't have grandkids in Ohio we would move down south. Thankfully I have heat in my garage.

·
sub-Administrator American Legion Rider KA5LRS
27,815 Posts
I hope I'm not highjacking this thread, that wasn't my intention.
It's your own thread so guess it can go any direction you want but we generally start a new thread if it's really a different topic. But it's your thread.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The tires are dry, I'm looking for a set of knobbies for it. I do mostly trail riding with it.
If you ride the roads at all , replace the old tires with a set of similar design to what's mounted in that^ last pic ( trials tires ) .
If you run full knobbies , you could be ticketed as most states outlaw them for road use . Not to mention that they can be dangerous on hard pavement .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you ride the roads at all , replace the old tires with a set of similar design to what's mounted in that^ last pic ( trials tires ) .
If you run full knobbies , you could be ticketed as most states outlaw them for road use . Not to mention that they can be dangerous on hard pavement .
At 63, my road days are over. I only do off road now, it's safer.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.