Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Any help regarding how to disassemble the front forks on my 1970 T350 is appreciated. The Haynes manual appears to be incorrect as it describes the 1969 model and the forks are different. It appears that the lower leg screws off and that the oil seal is replaceable. Would appreciate your comments and help before I screw it up. Thanks.

·
Six-String Jockey
1,860 Posts
Grumpy,
Two suggestions: 1 - Don't be afraid . . . motorcycle repair is about 30% knowledge and 70% guts. When you take apart the first fork, lay the parts out on a clean work bench IN THE EXACT ORDER they came out. Photograph it. Make sure to leave the other fork untouched, as it may be necessary to use it as a 'road map' to help get the first one back together.

2 - Here's an online manual for $15. Seems worth it to me. When arguing with myself over the price of a manual or a part I always ask myself the following question . . . "When I'm ass-deep in alligators and the situation seems hopeless sometime down the road, would I THEN be willing to spend the $15 to get me out of it?" The answer is always 'yes'. So buy a manual that shows you the correct procedure. It's worth the price a hundred times over.

Here is where I saw it: http://www.servicerepairmanualonlin...0-t-350-rebel-service-repair-workshop-manual/

Good luck! I've done LOTS of front forks. They're not really that difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts