Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm about to turn 21 and getting my moto license im not necessarily a new rider ,because I use to ride when I was 14 to 16. But I have pick up a bike scene. I'm 5'10 and 225 pounds. So with that said are the bikes in the title a good match, btw i used to do more off roading riding that on the streets and I'm wanting to keep the bike for a while and use it for commuting?

Thanks for the help,
Devin Afroman out

·
Registered
809 Posts
Personally, I would go with the SV650, but I am biased because I have a SFV650. The SV650 is more refined and proven design, the FZ-07 is more raw power. For fun riding and comfort, I would take the SV650. If I was looking to drag race and pop wheelies, the FZ-07 will be way better at that...

That said, the SV650 has plenty of power and speed! But it doesn't throw the front wheel in the air every time you get on the throttle hard in the first three gears.

I'm 5'8 and the Suzuki is a much better fit. For tall riders, the FZ-07 is probably a better fit, ergonomically.

·
Premium Member
9,457 Posts
Sit on both of them to see which fits you best. Study the specs. Consider the price. One or both of these bikes should appeal to you, if not talk to you. Listen to Ricky Nelson sing " Fools rush in where wise men dare to go " I am not suggesting you are a fool. Just the opposite, as I think it is great you have been riding in the dirt. The Yamaha is a newer design. The Suzuki is bullet prove and might handle better.

I used to have an SV650, nice bike. Your size, while not huge, might be a factor. That is why I would sit on them.

Unkle Krusty

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I am going to deviate just a bit from the others. Go ahead and sit on both but, while you are at a dealer, go ahead and sit on lots of other bikes. The one that speaks to you is the one you want, not the one that you have read a good review on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started out with a 2003 SV650 about year ago and I can only recommend that bike.
Very forgiving and enough kick to be fun. I feel ready for my next bike including more safety features though.
Eyeballing the Vitpilen 701, that bike simply looks gorgeous.
Be safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As suggested, sit on lots of different bikes. Even look at different styles, something may pop out that you weren't expecting. As per your choices I would lean towards the SV650, I'm a sucker for the older faring version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its hard to say wich bike is better.
I would recommend you go to a dealer and ride both, thats the only way to find out wich bike is the right for you.
The sv 650 and also the fz07 are fantastic bikes, its your choise!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts