Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reflecting the other day about all my past bikes and was somewhat astonished when I realized that 5 of my 7 bikes (8 if you count the Goldwing I just added to the stable) have been Suzukis.

Hello, my name is primalmu, and I'm a Suzuki rider.

:71baldboy:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi im Renee (Zippy) and im addicted to riding
.. i own two suzukis both almost the same model savage ans s40.....i dont want any help unless u can keep the cold away so i can keep riding...

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tucson is the LAST place you want to be to rectify your Suzuki addiction. We are heading into October with perfect riding weather, sunny with highs in the mid- to upper-80s!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I, reluctantly, had to give up my seat in the Suzuki Riders Anonymous club...I traded my '08 C50C for an '08 Yamaha Road Star....I miss having a water cooled engine....but I like the gearing (5th is an overdrive) and the 1700cc's over the 805cc's I had in the Suzuki :)

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Sv1000

I have an SV1000S. If not that one a GSXR 750 or 1000 would be nice. But I wanted to try a big twin. Was also a lot less $$.
Road it up Island today and got it dirty.

Unkle Crusty

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My name is Scott, and l am a Suzukiholic.

My first bike was a 1978 Suzuki PE 175. Along the way l also had a 1973 TS250 and an LT250 quad. My current ride is a 2004 SV650S. I have also had 3 Hondas, and they all served me well...but in the end l seem to find myself back on a Suzuki again :)

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Suzuki

Digging into the RAM, I realized I used to own a 250 2 stroke Suzuki in NZ. Probably be a late 70s model.
I also ran a Suzuki back wheel, swing arm and sprockets in a race bike I had. We beefed up the swing arm to reduce flexing.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Guilty as charged. First bike was a 1970 Suzuki AC50 Maverick . . . then (and still) a 1972 T250 Hustler , , , and more recently added a 1975 GT550 Indy. Love Suzukis!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Loved that 2010 Boulevard M50

Suzuki-holic from downunder here.

My second bike was a 2010 Suzuki Boulevard M50 in Candy Orange Max. Loved that bike, beautiful styling which is both a cruiser but not quite a classic cruiser. Could have done with a slightly larger fuel tank (range was only about 270 km/170 miles on a tank) and an extra disc on the front wheel and a disc brake on the rear wheel. But that would probably work negatively on it's very attractive price and I never had any concern about the braking, ride it as a cruiser and you'll be OK. I'd like to make a bagger out of one, fit hard panniers to it.

After I sold it and came over here to Aussie to work I bought a Honda ST1100, great bike for the big distances her in tropical Queensland, high seat height for my length challenged inner legs. But I sure miss that M50. We're returning to New Zealand and I'd buy another one in a flash. Might have to forgo that pleasure though, the wife has taken to riding pillion and I'll probably be looking at a Honda Goldwing or Harley Ultra Glide.

Only thing I noticed, the M50 tends to push out of corners going downhill, touch of understeer that you have to counter on downhill corners - noticed it particularly in left hand corners.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The first bike I ever rode was a TU250X then I wound up buying a GS500 as my second. Coincidence?? I would say I need help but my bike is my third child (I have two actual children)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sticking with Suzuki's

First bike was a 1968 TC200 2 stroke road bike
Second was a 08' GS500F
Third 1973 GT380 2 stroke also
Fourth and my new favorite a 02' Bandit 600

1 - 15 of 15 Posts