Motorcycle Forum banner
581 - 600 of 700 Posts
Can you help Zippy

First bike 96 Savage 650. Second bike is my new 2014 Boulevard. (I wasn't in my riding gear, cause I wasn't actually riding her yet...)
I'm having problems posting pictures on forum. It asked for URL which I did using Tinypic.com but the picture does not paste (cant see and will not open) can you tell me how you manage to get your pictures shown. Must be a easier way !!!

You are going to need a walk through on the charging system. I have a line on reasonable parts and have all the tools to adjust and sync the carburetors. I was Navy on a destroyer in Vietnam stationed at D&S Piers Norfolk.

There is a dedicated GS site that I'll introduce you to later. The GS series was the first Japanese bike of the era that handled well. Heavy by today's standards, but can be made into an everyday rider fairly easily. The electrics sucked but there is a Series R/R conversion that pretty much cures that and allows for LED conversions without frying the stator. I'm running a Custom sports touring '78 GS1000E, 4-1 Vance and Hines pipes, Pods and stage-3 jet kit getting 44MPG on regular pump gas. It would have been the hot rod back in the day but will run with the 600 and 750's today without having to paddle through the gears to make power. The weight is still a disadvantage but makes for a solid comfortable riding platform. It's hard to beat an air cooled roller bearing motor.

Me and my old T500III

That's me on the tank, with my Grappa.

I rode it for years, and "sold" it to a buffy who was going to restore it. Can't find him now....

I wish I would have kept it and done it myself.

581 - 600 of 700 Posts