Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2005 VS800 with only 490 miles on it!!! Really excited about it, but my only thing is that I want to make it a bobber, hardtail it, put some 10" apes on this badboy and so me other custom or after market parts, but I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find ANYTHING, it is absolutely driving me crazy. If anyone knows where to buy or even if you have fab'd something up for this bike I would appreciate any and all input, thanks

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
For some things you'll have to make, or re-make, many of your own parts. There just isn't a huge amount of aftermarket support out there for that bike, so adapting parts for other bikes is also a good option. For example, if your bike uses 1" handlebars you can relatively easily adapt many different apes to fit your scoot. Look at a JP Cycles catalog and you'll fine hundreds of choices.

The easiest way to hard tail your scoot would be to replace the shocks with a set of drag bars that you can weld up or machine yourself. Just the right length of steel with two eye wholes in them. Make them as fancy or as plain as you desire. Get creative with the whole thing.

A company called Low Brow Customs might also be a good place to check for custom parts that are multi-fit or can be adapted. They can also connect you with a fellow who goes by the name of "Fab Kevin" who can make you anything you want. For a price, of course.

Good luck, and have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts