Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
That's a V-Twin 125cc? What in the...how in the world have I not heard of this thing? I always thought modern sub 200cc bikes were thumpers!

Anyway, have you checked out the carburetor and fuel system? It almost seems like the mixture is cutting out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know looks big too haha I haven’t I’m gonna do a full carb strip down and clean to see if its that, just weird because it was running fine now that haha

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
I don't hear or see a problem; please describe what you think it is. Is the problem that it is changing rpm without you moving the throttle?

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I know looks big too haha I haven’t I’m gonna do a full carb strip down and clean to see if its that, just weird because it was running fine now that haha
It can happen! Carbureted bikes can be quite sensitive to what's in the carb and the fuel. I mistakenly allowed my GS850G to sip some water from the bottom of its tank and that quite literally took it out of commission for a whole weekend. I let the bike bake under the sun and sure enough the water or whatever evaporated out of the carbs.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
If you are taking them apart anyway, I would replace any diaphragms and other 'rubber' parts. Hunting for idle like that is often due to changes in air flow from something like a vacuum leak; a failing 'coast' valve is the first thing I'd check. A crack forming in the boot that connects the carb to the head is another suspect. Basically, anything that changes the air/fuel mix, like a problem with the float valve, or water in the bowl, too. Take pictures as you take it apart; you don't want to miss a step on reassembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts