Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, so I recently bought a used 2008 GSXR 750.

The bikes display isn't showing the A, B and C modes nor is it showing which gear I'm in.

However when turning the key and the display boots up, it will temporarily display the gear and modes, just like how it turns on the indicator lights and the fuel light and so on.

I've checked all fuses and they all seem fine.

It also has a separate issue where, when in neutral and the bikes running, if I put the kickstand down it'll cut the engine. Which it's only meant to do if the bike is in gear and the clutch is out.

The bike also has a power commander, not sure if that's got anything to do with it?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,145 Posts
It also has a separate issue where, when in neutral and the bikes running, if I put the kickstand down it'll cut the engine. Which it's only meant to do if the bike is in gear and the clutch is out.
That might indicate the clutch safety switch isn't operating properly and needs to be replaced or at least inspected to see if it's connected properly. That might be why the indicators aren't working as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might indicate the clutch safety switch isn't operating properly and needs to be replaced or at least inspected to see if it's connected properly. That might be why the indicators aren't working as well.
Okay I'll look into that thanks.

Indicators are working fine. It's the modes and gears on the display that aren't showing.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,970 Posts
Okay I'll look into that thanks.

Indicators are working fine. It's the modes and gears on the display that aren't showing.
That is what he meant be indicators. It might also be the other way around, the indicator not working may not be sending the signal that the bike is in neutral

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what he meant be indicators. It might also be the other way around, the indicator not working may not be sending the signal that the bike is in neutral
Ohh, so you're not talking about turn signals you're refering to the indicators that detect if it's in neutral?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,970 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,145 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts