Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,
Been out of bikes for years and now looking for a SuzukiGSX-R750 or Honda CBR650F around 2010+.
Looking for a well maintained and in good condition bike and preferably with full service history.What kind of price are they going for ? willing to travel in Uk for the right machine. Any pointers or advice most welcome and also anything to look out for.TIA

·
Ace Tuner
3,577 Posts
Suzuki GSX-R750 or Honda CBR650F

Lets see, Suzuki or Honda? HONDA !

My opinion may be biased... So there is that.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi Guy's,
Been out of bikes for years and now looking for a SuzukiGSX-R750 or Honda CBR650F around 2010+.
Looking for a well maintained and in good condition bike and preferably with full service history.What kind of price are they going for ? willing to travel in Uk for the right machine. Any pointers or advice most welcome and also anything to look out for.TIA
I'd say you will find Honda's are generally better cared for and much more likely to have maintenance records, as the Suzuki's tend to attract the more immature riders. Not a reflection of the bikes themselves and if you can find a well maintained 750 I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Guy's,
Both are styled as 'sports bikes. In reality they are very different machines.

The CBR is a mid-range standard road bike. Learner friendly and relatively easy
to insure.

The GSX-R is lighter and a lot more powerful than the Honda.

Any pointers or advice most welcome and also anything to look out for.TIA
Both should be fit for purpose. The Honda is built in Thailand. As I am a racist, I have a
preference for machines that are built in Japan. That said, the CBR seems quite well built.

AFAIK, the GSX-R is built in Japan. These bikes are mechanically excellent.
They were prone to occasional electrical issues. Corroded connectors
or burned out connection to the regulator-rectifier leading to charging problems.
These issues are usually cheap and relatively easy to fix. This may be
more common in the Irish climate than in other parts of the world.

Look at the cost of insurance. The Honda is risk group 11 in the UK. The GSX-R750
is group 16 on a scale that runs from 1-17.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.