Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a complete noob but I just thought I'd throw this out there for the other noobs. I think my 2007 Suzuki C50 is a great first bike, for me anyways. Now I'm a big guy at 5'9" and 290lbs and a former power lifter so the weight of this bike as compared to a 250 or something is not an issue for me. I can hold it up with no problem and if I dropped it I could pick it up without issue; if you are a smaller guy you may want to consider this cuz it is a solid bike. Now the 250 I rode for my training course was easier to turn and maneuver but I hated riding it as I looked like an elephant riding a bicycle on it and it had no power. The 800 cc of my C50 seems like just enough. The bike is big enough that I fit on it well and where the 250s just were no fun with no power this bike has just enough to be fun without being so much that I don't know what to do with. I'd highly recommend my bike to a noob, especially if you are a big guy who wants a wide bike. And I got mine for $2,800.00 for a bike with 9k on it, which I think was a good deal after I got the guy to knock of $600.00, I'm not overly invested in case I lay it down as I go through my growing pains. A lot of people will recommend the 250's as a starter bike but the fun factor is just not there at all, my bike never felt so good after I rode a 250 for a weekend for the course.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
I had a C50T for a couple years, put almost 50,000 trouble free miles on it. Actually, I can't think of any problem at all with it.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
that's the great thing about cruisers, if you can handle the weight of the bike, you can start on just about any size engine....that's because all the power is in the low end and not high speed....I mean, yeah...don't go out and buy the biggest engine bike you can find, but starting on a 950cc bike is fine....

I started on an '08 Suzuki C50, but I bought mine brand new, it had .3 miles on it when I rode it out of the lot....my first street bike, and the first bike I had been on in a long time....I didn't take the MSF class (I couldn't afford the prices they want her in MO) and I grew up around bikes started riding at 6 and didn't stop until about 15 or so....then picked it up again when I bought my Boulevard for my 34th birthday...I paid just over $7000 out the door...

here's the one I had

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
nice looking bike, one thing to think about...if you do get a windshield you may have to move/relocate your driving lights....

what part of KC are you in? we can meet one day and I can show you where the Memphis Shades mounts on your bike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Lee's Summit. I was concerned with those aftermarket lights that they might get in the way of a wind shield but maybe I'll get lucky and not have any issues.

What is the best shop around town? I like freedom cycles but all the windshields on their website seem to be pretty expensive and their website really sucks for finding anything and I've been to Donnell in Independence once.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I bought both my bikes at Donnells, I live in Independence, have you ever been to Hub Cycle on 24 hwy? they are at 24 and Noland (sort of lol) in Independence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts