Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! i bought my bike few months ago with some minor issues according to the owner.we test ride it and it runs fine, i just notice a few months later that the petcock is in the prime position when we test drive it, and noticed that there are two rubber tubing that is no connected but with a T tubing with 1 end loose. I tried to do some research and i figured it out that maybe the 2 rubber tube is the vacuum tube. How come the two tubing is not connected? I also notice that the oil was already mixed with some fuel, making a leak of a mixture of oil and fuel on the head cylinder breather so i was forced to change oil. Things that I did is cleaning the petcock which i think is perfectly fine right now,i test the vacuum when the petcock is in RES or ON position and it is working. So assuming that the petcock is good i then tried to attach the two rubber tubing to the vacuum line into the petcock and start the bike using PRI, but only to find out that there is no vacuum coming out in both of the tube. my problem is how to locate the lines, how to look for the problem the proper way i dont even know how the vacuum inside the carburator works,what are the things i need to locate to find the leaks? or is there a part where u can close or open the vacuum line inside the carbs? please broaden my knowledge on my issues tnx!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is it also possible that the open rubber tubings suck dirt and block the vacuum lines? or is there something to do with the changing of my air filter( mushroom)? please forgive me for being a noob.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
A clog or leak in the line would be my first suspect.

A simple check you can do with a vacuum line is to put your finger over the end while the engine is running and feel for suction. Any suspect tubing should simply be replaced, since it's very cheap to buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems nobody cares here, i thought there are plenty of people wanting to help, but anyway i figured it out by myself.tnx admin and goodbye!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts