Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bandit 600 as my first bike, I fired it up this morning Abd let it run for about twenty minutes with no issues, it's not on the road yet so I went to work and came back this evening and nothing works. No headlight, no neutral light, won't start. I took the battery out and put it in a charger only to find out it's fully charged. Any ideas what my next steps would be?

I should mention in minimally mechanically inclined.

Thanks in advance

· Gone
20,523 Posts
Check the battery voltage. Load test the battery. Check to make sure the battery connection is tight and clean. Check that everything that should be connected to the battery is connected. Inspect the main fuse. Inspect the ground wire connection to the engine.

If that comes up with nothing out of whack, the next step is to trace the fault using a volt meter and find out where the interruption with power is.

· Registered
1 Posts
This is me again, this site won't let me reply under my Facebook account did anyway. This is what I've tried.

I have changed the main fuse on the solenoid, it was a 30 amp fuse. I changed the ignition fuse in the main fuse box. Neither of them looked burnt to begin with.

I took a screwdriver to my starter and made contact with the bike and there was nothing.

I connected wire to the solenoid posts and tried to start it like that and got nothing.

I tried to see if any of the wiring from the ignition was messed up but it's all wrapped up in a nice tight cable going straight up into the ignition and I'm not really sure how to get into that.

Is there an inline fuse somewhere in this bike? I've looked everywhere. Internet also said there was like a red button breaker or something under the seat the size of a nickel, but I couldn't find that either.

As for the solenoid, three a grey cap that connects to it, I'm assuming that's just connector pins on it but I can't get it off, would there be a fuse in there? Here's a picture of what I'm taking about.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.