Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
Living vicariously is the closest that any of these Girly 'men' will ever get to something that sounds that good.

Sam

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
What did you say? Can you repeat that please? Oh, that’s what happened to my hearing.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Ah,..so,.. uhmm,...that's not really what they do? :( :( :(

But, but, but I spent all that money! And now I'm addicted! I guess that's the silver lining?

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
I've seen this happen, but only at biker pit stops by other bikers hanging out in the parking lot. "Sounds awesome man!" The louder the better. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I ride loud for the children! Boys seem to notice and wave or do the "rev bomb" motion much more frequently when I have my short pipe on vs. stock...

Might not save any lives but I cannot deny that there is just something visceral about a nice sounding, loud exhaust. Natural testosterone booster, maybe? :smile_big:

·
Registered
319 Posts
1. I don't care what people think when I ride by.

2. I've ridden a street bike since I was 16, and by the time I was 18, I'll bet a $1000 I had "done better with the ladies" than these dorks in their entire lives...high school of 2000 kids, and only 2 guys road a motorcycle to school...fish in a barrel....And by the time I was 28, ha, ha, they've only ever read about what that bike got me into "relationship" wise. Madonna spilled the beans,....girls just wanna have fun...and ripping down a road on a motorcycle is a ton o fun.

3. I stopped at a light last night, and a car load of high schools guys were in awe over the bike...head nods and thumbs up.

4. I went a Harley test ride event, lady walks up and starts talking to me about the bike...If I was single, she would have been on the back 5 minutes later.

5. Bun sporting, soy boy, man-children just aren't on the list of potential partners for the best of the lady crop out there.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Hot rods held an attraction for a lot of young ladies too. Wish I still had all of those old 60's early 70's muscle cars I had back then.

Except it would be criminal to drive them today, like I did back then. Ha ha ha! But it was illegal back then too. Young and dumb. Sometimes a fast car was needed to get her home before her curfew. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hot rods held an attraction for a lot of young ladies too. Wish I still had all of those old 60's early 70's muscle cars I had back then.

Except it would be criminal to drive them today, like I did back then. Ha ha ha! But it was illegal back then too. Young and dumb. Sometimes a fast car was needed to get her home before her curfew. ;)
In 1980, I went to a car auction to bid on a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda with low miles...I think the bidding hit $1800 and I felt that was too much:(

In the 70's, I remember the police bringing my dad home, because he had a little too much to drink, and handing him off to my mom.

As a 16 year old kid, the county sheriff caught me doing 90 in a 25 zone with a cutey on the back seat of my motorcycle. He left her and the bike in front of his car, walked me behind his car and asked me what the hell I was thinking..I told him she "wanted to go fast", so I did what she said...he laughed and told me to find a safer way to impress her...and let me go without even a warning ticket.

"The old days" really were better....hell, today, run a stop sign and you're likely to be dragged out of your car and beaten, if not shot, by the cops.

Edit: I had a 70's muscle car too...SS Nova/"Rock Crusher"...sold it in 96 for for $6000..found it, by a 1 in a million chance, on Craigslist in 2015 with price tag of $22,000...seriously considered buying it back...actually had a dream I bought it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts