Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I’m new to this or indeed any forum so please excuse me if im posting in the wrong place.

I’ve posted a video on youtube of a summer bike tour which three of us did in france which I hope some of you would enjoy seeing.

To see the clip go to youtube and search “Superbike Tour of France”

The three bike are a ’05 GSXR1000, a ’04 GSXR1000 and an ’04 CBR600.

If you do watch make sure you make it to near the end of the 6 min clip as a very tight right hander takes us by surprise, two of us make it but the third rider hits the barrier (not shown in the clip), I guess hitting the barrier is one better than going over the cliff.

·
Certified Homeless Biker
2,555 Posts
Hey,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice vid. I think that right hander could get me as well if I was going too fast. I think I'm a left hander (throttle's not tight). Also, I'm more of enoying the ride than showing off, and this vid is just it. Thanks for sharing. Got anymore?

Here's link in case anyone's lazy to look it up :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYgB41cnq6M

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YF,

Thanks for your welcome and for posting the link, the site would not allow me to post the link as im a “newbie”.

That right hander was very hairy to say the least, it was on our first day in the south of france and very early in the morning, we had just come off the over night train from northern france so the hang over from the previous night had not fully worn of yet.

The camera is on my buddies bike (CBR600) and im on the black GSXR1000 which you see, if you look carefully you will notice that im applying breaks all the way through the turn – never a good idea, so it was a close call.

What really cracks me up is the fact that I waved to the bike coming in the other direction just before the turn, I’ll bet he was thinking “you have no idea what’s about to hit you…”.

Its defiantly about enjoying the ride and never about showing off for us, we taped it for the memories and shared it for others, like you, to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That's a really pretty ride, but I wish you were going slower so we could see more of it! :) I have a cruiser, so I couldn't possibly go that fast! Thanks for sharing it with us!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TFee3,

I’m glad you enjoyed the vid and thanks for commenting – sorry for going too fast.

I also have a cruiser (sorry to tell you it’s a Suzuki) and can guarantee you that those roads would be just as much fun on a cruiser if not more so as one could also enjoy the scenery instead of panicking about the next bend or cars coming the other way.

Most of the riding on the clip was on a famous biking road called the N85, or route de napoleon, it runs north from Cannes in the south of France.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts