Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on a short road trip in my cage last week. Had to stop and take in this view at sunset in the plains just East of the Rocky Mountain Front. The Rockies are in the background, and I had just entered the plains. So peaceful over there. I could hear a meadowlark after I pulled off the highway, shut down the car and rolled down the window. I may have heard myself think as well! Hardly a car on Interstate 15. This spot is only a few miles where Clint Eastwood drove that pink Cadillac in the '70's movie, "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot"...the parting scene. Now back to the rat race and angry people.
View attachment 51592
View attachment 51594

·
Registered
605 Posts
Beautiful! Thanks for that!

I remember my first trip out West. A good friend and I, with very minimal planning, loaded up his Toyota Corolla and hit the road. Seeing those mountains in the distance, we said "Wow! They are big!" As the miles went by, we kept saying "My G-d! How much bigger can they get?" Answer: A lot. Truly awe inspiring!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful! Thanks for that!

I remember my first trip out West. A good friend and I, with very minimal planning, loaded up his Toyota Corolla and hit the road. Seeing those mountains in the distance, we said "Wow! They are big!" As the miles went by, we kept saying "My G-d! How much bigger can they get?" Answer: A lot. Truly awe inspiring!
Thanks, Doc. Don't know if you've had the chance, but driving and especially riding the "Going To The Sun" road over Glacier National Park is a trip every nature lover should witness.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've rode to Montana and think it's a beautiful state. Now that "Riding To The Sun" highway sounds like a good enough reason to go back. With finances being the way they are right now, it may not be this year, but it gives me something to plan for next year. :)

·
6,573 Posts
Montana and Wyoming are States that hold magic for me and their vastness and beauty are hard to describe.

I sat astride my Electra Glide, in 1994 and watched the sun go down and the hills of the 'Little Big Horn' battlefield seemed to come alive in my mind as I seemingly and retrospectively relived the haunting and tragic event from memories of my studies of the area. The plains lost their bright summer yellow color as the sun set and the temps dropped as the winds whipped around me and woke me from my stupor. What a magical place.

Sam:nerd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts