Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first nice day in several weeks. It had been so long since my last ride that I almost had to try to remember where 1st gear was (not really). But with the sun out and the roads dry, it seemed milder than the 40 degrees that it actually was. I only was out for about 45 minutes and 30 miles, but it really was nice getting to ride today. Even though I have heated grips and wore heavy gloves, it was my hands feeling really cold that made my ride as short as it was. I have the feeling that it will be quite awhile before I get to ride again.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Take advantage of it while you can!

It was warm here today too, upper 30s - it felt weirdly like Spring. The bikes are all put away in the barn though, so there they must stay until Spring arrives for good.

Glad you got out!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
57 and clear here in SW Missouri today but no ride as I had to work:surprise:

Sam:grin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
54 and a steady rain since yesterday.

This was the weather channel right?

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeping the bike in the garage it’s easy to take it out of winter mode and ready it for riding. Pull off the cover, unhook the Battery Tender, pull the rags out of the pipes, and check the air pressure in the tires (more than a pain with a Goldwing; I have to lie down on the ground to get to the tire stems). But worth it to get a ride during the winter months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to hear vito; I am ready as well and went out last week when it hit 53 degrees. Yesterday was 51 but too much rain and run off but it was tempting.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Even though I have heated grips and wore heavy gloves, it was my hands feeling really cold that made my ride as short as it was.
You might want to try a set of Oxford handlebar muffs. They are big mitten things that go over your handlebars. They are fantastic, especially if you have heated grips. They are fifty bucks on Revzilla. They don't exactly scream "bad-ass biker!" But, they sure as heck keep you warm!

:grin: Warm is good.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bright sun and 25 degrees this morning. I put the cover back on the motorcycle and hooked up the Battery Tender. I wouldn't mind some of that "global warming" the Left is so worried about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts