Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just moved to Corona CA and was wondering if anyone knew of good spots around here to do motorcycle drills.

I'm training on a KX65 modified to have supermoto wheels and slicks. So looking for something like a parking lot with good surface grip. 2-strokes are noisy so somewhere I wouldn't be annoying anyone ideally. I'll just be doing circles and figure 8s in 8 meter circles.

Do you guys do drills? If so where? Do you have any suggestions for good spots? One thought I had was look into a basic riders course and see if they'll let me use their training space when they aren't.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
A KX65 is not street legal in California. Slicks are not street legal in California. If a cop sees you, even doing figure-8s in a parking lot, expect to have your motorcycle impounded.

As far as practice spots, I have used park-and-ride lots on weekends, school parking lots on weekends, and park/recreation parking lots on weekdays. Once I lived not too far from Corona and found an industrial area that was vacant on weekends, where I could ride a rectangular route, about .25 miles per side, on public streets and never see another vehicle--great spot for cornering practice. Glancing at Google maps, if I were looking for a place to do drills in Corona, I would check out the transit center parking lot off Main St. north of the 91. I would expect it to be mostly empty on weekends, so it should be easy to stake out a small area of pavement far from the train boarding area. But I would not go there on a 2-stroke motocross bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats some really useful info, thanks Eddie. I'll have to look into the legal implications of using a private parking lot with permission (the basic rider course practice area). I do tow the KX around so it isn't ever ridden on the street, but I'm not sure of the applicability of road rules to parking lots, so will definitely look into that before proceeding. Might just have to see what mods I'll need to made it street legal or find an alternate mini bike for training.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts