Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads my back wheel is getting jammed after changing the rear tire, its a 1995 honda cb 750 disc at rear ,it may be the pads, can you remove the pads or caliper without taking the wheel off again, is there any free work shop manuels for these, any help greatful. thanks sammy, ireland

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
The caliper should be removable without taking the wheel off.

You will have to find out if it is moving freely both at the piston and at the caliper itself. The piston may have gotten jammed if the brakes were applied with the wheel off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The caliper should be removable without taking the wheel off.

You will have to find out if it is moving freely both at the piston and at the caliper itself. The piston may have gotten jammed if the brakes were applied with the wheel off.
thanks for reply dodsfall the pistons seem to be back there was loads of room between the pads putting it back, do you know how to get the small bar out that holds the pads in or how to get the caliper off, cheers

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
It's going to vary by model and make, but generally they just unscrew.

I would start by taking the cap of the master and carefully pushing the piston back to make sure it moves freely and is not jammed. Then make sure the caliper will slide back and forth freely on the swing arm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally would not think you need to remove the caliper for any reason. By your comments, you removed the rear wheel. I can only assume the brakes worked properly before you removed the rear wheel. You also said the binding occurred after you reinstalled the rear wheel, and you said there is plenty of room between the pads and the rotor.
This leads me to believe that the binding is within the reinstallation of the rear wheel and not the rear caliper/brakes binding.

I am not that familiar with the model Honda you are speaking of but I can only assume there is a spacer on the rear axle. Did you by chance install this spacer backwards where it is binding on the rear wheel and not on the outer edge of the bearing race as it is supposed to.

I will search and see if I can find the rear wheel assembly sketch and then re-post later. Right now I have to go to a dinner that I was invited to, and I wont be home till late so I will see what I can do to help you tomorrow.

Eck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for replies lads, there are 2 spacers one each side, one is about a half inch longer than the other, will try again tomorrow,

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
More than likely the spacers, if they were reversed, the disc would bind on the caliper.

Can't help you though, the only fiche I find has a drum brake on the rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
binding

im not sure mate, the rain is bucketing down over here ,i cant really do anything untill it lets up. ill keep you updated, cheers

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Roger that.

Well, once you find out what it's rubbing against you'll know for sure what to fix.

Or at least we can make a better guess as to what to suggest.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
binding

have to thank you all lads. in the end i had the spacers the wrong way around. thanks for your input, ill have a cbr 900 problem later, cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts