Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BMW K100 was moving up and down the road like a champ then a short run to a convenience store ended up costing 100 bucks in towing fees. The fuel pump simply stopped functioning. The reassuring whir was gone. I think I may have tracked that back to a potential fuel pump relay issue. I removed the battery for charging now when I've replaced it and I attempt to hook up the two poles it attempts to start every time I try to attach the second pole. It does this with the ignition in the off position and even with the kill switch engaged. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and what I can do about it.

·
Wrench. Ride. Repeat.
239 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same starter problem K75

My battery was dead so I tried to jump with another battery. As soon as I connected the battery the starter began turning. What's up?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Starter problem

I agree it is a starter problem. Other threads indicate it occurs when the battery is dead or low. That is strange. I disconnected the battery and started the engine with an external battery. It worked fine. Then I reconnected the battery and disconnected the external battery. It seems to work fine now. If it happens again I will replace the starter relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts