Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about straight piping my 1986 Honda vt700c .it has been jetted up 2 sizes in the past .
Currently the a/f sit is at 2.5 out .
Question is would I need to jet my carbs when I do .
I'm am exploring the lollipop mod when I straight pipe it

·
Ace Tuner
3,736 Posts
I'm thinking about straight piping my 1986 Honda vt700c .it has been jetted up 2 sizes in the past .
Currently the a/f sit is at 2.5 out .
Question is would I need to jet my carbs when I do .
I'm am exploring the lollipop mod when I straight pipe it
Will you need to re-tune the carburetors when you put straight pipes on the bike? Probably -too- yes you will.
To get the jetting and fuel mixture screws set right you'll need to learn how to 'read' the spark plugs.
I hate to admit I don't know what the lollipop mod is...

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,651 Posts
Semi - I believe the lolipop mod is a round disk on a rod that you can adjust its angle inside the tailpipe to adjust backpressure.

Reactions: SemiFast

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
I didn't know it was adjustable but I know or think I know it's about a disk, most often a washer, to create back-pressure. Different size washers and holes. But adjustable would be cool. Not sure how that is achieved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The adjustment is in who you install the lollipop with the bolt through the pipe with a nut on the bottom .
You just loosen the nut an the washer will be free to move .
Think of it kinda like a butterfly value .

·
Ace Tuner
3,736 Posts
Oh. In the olden days that was called a Snuff-or-Not.
I believe it had a spring loaded exterior 'stem' that you could twist to snuff the exhaust, or not, without tools.
Haven't seen or thought about those for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.