Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Heh! That video has me wondering, as a CCW carrier, what my response would be (what I'd like to do vs. what I'm legally allowed to do) if I were to happen upon someone "in the act" of trying that with one of my vehicles. I know state laws can vary wildly but I'm curious to know what your response would be...

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a broad, general rule, for the average citizen the only time deadly force is authorized is to defend yourself or others from the imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. You're in fear for your life. (Or in fear for someone else's life.)

Dropping a dude for jacking your ride might feel right but will probably land you in prison.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
As a broad, general rule, for the average citizen the only time deadly force is authorized is to defend yourself or others from the imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm. You're in fear for your life. (Or in fear for someone else's life.)

Dropping a dude for jacking your ride might feel right but will probably land you in prison.
Horse rustling used to be a hanging offense. :grin:

Motorcycle is the modern day horse. But we no longer do anything to these jerks even if caught. :mad:
We should

Do we really have so few people that we have to save every single one? I think not. Criminals have far too many rights. They make stealing look like a well paying job. That's wrong on so many counts. Personal property that you work hard to get legally should be a hanging offense for anyone wanting to steal it. The key is legal versus illegal. Bought versus stolen. Make crimes hurt like we used to do. Really hurt.

Today getting free food and housing looks appealing to far too many. And that number is growing. It's civil suicide.

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
This is why I have abso fu&*()_lutely NO respect for gov because of this SH*(. Bust your balls to buy the bike you want and some worthless schmuck steals it and if you are lucky to catch the thief and take him/her down, the so called law which in my opinion is nothing more than an ASS in many ways, will make you pay for what you did. NICE. . .REALLY frigging nice. Makes ya wonder who in hell the REAL bad-asses are, the thief who just swiped your ride or the Gov. for pretty much allowing the thief to get away with it. It is as if the gov. feels, "Well who cares, you have fire & theft on it. . .right? that is the reason insurance is so high. When it comes right down to it, Gov is to blame. I wonder how the law would be if more politicians, senators and congressmen were riders?

I know most of us remember Barry McGuire's 'Eve of destruction', I think the way Gov. makes laws to protect thieves and other useless maggots, will in the end, pretty much result in 'The eve of destruction', how could it not? Gov. has what it wants but has NO respect for the people who sweat their asses off to get what they want the honest way. . .sucks, does it not?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Here we go guys. This is an example of the societal mindset (If she has a mind) that will put a person in jail as a result of an incident with a person of color other than white (Is white a color:smile_big:)

Notice this comment: "How else he gonna get HIS money":grin:

If Obama had a Daughter:kiss:

Sam:wink2:

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Frankly I'm glad she took him out, like we are to allow this so he can have money to buy clothes? 'F' that, Maybe if more home owners take out burglars, burglars will know they won't get away with it. I don't give a ^&*( if he was black or white, he had no business being in that house. They say he was a very funny guy, big on education, not smart enough though, he's dead. too bad.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I've been in this situation before, only worse. Last year I opened my home to a friend who was in trouble. I thought I was doing something nice to a good person in need and all she had to do was pay rent and not destroy my house.

What I really got was a hardened criminal who seemed obsessively interested in turning my house into a drug drive through and was thinking up plans to build a drug lab in my basement so she didn't have to buy drugs from a gang. She lied about her past to gain my trust, but once she signed that lease (my parents were her landlords), she let it all out. Throughout the day, cars would come and go out of my driveway and random people would be in my house. The worst part is that after every deal she'd brag about how she screwed them out of their money.

I asked her what would she do if one of her "friends" came back to harm us after realizing that their drug dealer is dishonest. She said she has a friend that sells unmarked, illegal guns (due to her numerous felonies for violent burglary, she can't own one), and she's buying one.

Sadly, due to Illinois' tenant protection laws, we couldn't just kick her out. Unless we had cold hard evidence of drug deals (we did, but they were tossed out because of Illinois' two party consent law), we had to give her 30 days. She moved out on her own on day 5 of the eviction notice.

In retaliation, she stole my tv on her way out. She first told the police that she emptied the entirety of the bedroom (including my tv) to "paint it". Ah yes, I too move entirely out of a house to paint it (sarcasm). Then she used the excuse that I gave her the tv.

The police bought both excuses and allowed her to keep the tv and despite having CLEARLY moved out, told me that I couldn't lock her out of my home. And if I locked her out of my home, I would go to jail and she can legally break back in by any means necessary.

This was all caught on film as LivePD was with the police that night. Even the producer that was on scene that night was baffled by how we were essentially given the middle finger. What's the point of a 30 day notice if after the person clearly moves out, they can not only legally break into the house, but steal your stuff?

She started harassing myself and my family, starting with claiming that we locked her out and she called the police. Despite the fact that it was proven she wasn't locked out (she had a key), we were still chewed out for not just leaving all our doors unlocked.

She set the garage door opener on fire just because she knew she could get away with it under the "they locked me out" excuse.

Once the 30 days passed, she started vandalizing the house and verbally harassing myself and my elderly parents. Again, without proof (and our audio evidence was tossed), nothing happened.

We lost every court case against her and the police eventually told us to stop calling them. She moved into the house next door and continued her harassment for another six months until she inevitably got kicked out of that house. Her friend that allegedly owned the house next door actually didn't, the friend's ex-husband did. He wanted his house back, got it back through the courts, then took out the trash. :)

As for myself, the mortgage was refinanced into to my brother's name, he took the house, and I put some distance between myself and there.

On one hand, Eye is right, you can't just down some criminal for being a criminal. I've also had an abusive landlord before and tenant laws protected me, so even those aren't wholly bad. On the other hand, I get that feeling of helplessness when it seems the laws are protecting the bad guys.

The biggest lesson I learned is that my home is my sanctuary. I shouldn't just let anyone, even so-called friends, share that sanctuary with me.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
And maybe choose better friends.
It's weird because I'm usually very picky with friends. I don't have a large circle of friends and all of them are nerds and various misfits. I guess she figured out how to abuse the kindness of myself and my parents just long enough by playing the innocent girl.

Regardless, I've been even more picky since then and I'm really no longer afraid of hurting someone's feelings if I feel something isn't going to work. I now live alone, as I should have from the very beginning. I hate that it took to 25 to realize my well-being should be the greatest importance.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Regardless, I've been even more picky since then and I'm really no longer afraid of hurting someone's feelings if I feel something isn't going to work. I now live alone, as I should have from the very beginning. I hate that it took to 25 to realize my well-being should be the greatest importance.
Figuring those lessons out by 25 actually puts you well ahead of the curve! Many people never reach that point. Life isn't about never making mistakes; it's about how well you learn from the mistakes you do make and it sounds like you are learning just fine!

Having dealt with many types of abuse, personally and professionally, I can say that abusers are bad, but those who enable the behavior are maddening beyond description. Glad you were able to get rid of the trash with minimal hassle. I've heard horror stories about situations very similar to yours...

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
burglar shot and killed

I saw this on the internet in regards to that BUTT-HOLE who was taken down for burglary.

Bearing Arms

Family Laments Shooting Death of Teen Burglar By Homeowner

For our civil society to remain intact, we must resist attempts by opportunistic politicians and activist groups
to insist that criminals be treated as the most important members of society, instead of the drain on civil culture
that they clearly are and have been. If we allow criminals to assume that their lives matter more than that of
law-abiding, contributing members of society, then our entire culture and way of life are at risk.

Criminals are not good people, and not members of our society that deserve special attention or protection.

All lives matter.
Some just matter less than others.

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Hi'ya Mr. Porky get a load of this,

This was on YouTube V

"He was big on education, he just got educated on the effects of metal going through your body at extreme speeds, good student."

"If at first you don't succeed, . . .RELOAD !

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Hard to believe these stinking stupid honky's feel they have a right to burgle one's home to get what they need.
Any luck on our side they too will do something stupid and asinine and be taken out, Maybe Nautika will look for a
string of pearls in someone's home and meet a slug from a S&W 38 smack between the eyes.

YUP A-holes like this don't go to church, have no idea about Jesus or that robbing others is a breach of the ten
commandments, or maybe they do know and flat out don't care. I saw it written the other day that the home
owner should be given an award of 250,000 for taking Trevon Johnson out, since he is OUT he will no longer
be costing the taxpayers and legal system money to keep him in prison.

The attitude of these blacks is a real disgrace to the good and decent society, and when I said, "Frankly I'm glad she
took him out." I meant it and mean it even more so today. I really don't know who is the worse though, These black
blots on the landscape or Government that that just doesn't have the testicles to get serious with crime. These
black blots sucking the goodness out of the life of decent people do it because they are able to, knowing they will
get away with it, well their friend Trevon did well, being big on education learned what it is like to be shot and that
although not knowing it at the time, would be knocking on Hell's door, any luck his whole damn family will meet up
with him shortly.

When you really think about it, every senator, congressman in Gov. is very well paid and has what they want, you'd think
Gov. would have respect for everyone else. . .right? It does not seem that way though. It is the lawmakers that can really
change things, if they wanted to. I am sure they'd say, we'd love to . . .BUT there is so much that would need to be done
to get said laws passed, yup just more excuses, maybe the law really is in the so-called halls of justice, because I really
can't see much justice being done in the courtroom.

·
Registered
166 Posts

This is exactly right. As much as you might want, you cannot use deadly force to stop a theft like the one in the video. In fact, pulling a weapon could get you in serious trouble for brandishing.

Now, if you are at a stop light and a the guy comes up to you and tries to take you off the bike, maybe with a knife or such, I would feel pretty threatened.

I think the best thing to do in either case is let them have the bike and run the other way. That is why we have insurance. I would prefer not to have a life on my conscious. Even a dirt bag can have a change of heart in due time and using deadly force when there are other options will not be forgotten by God, even if the law allows it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts