Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I drove from San Diego all the way up to Woodland Hills at speeds averaging 75 to 80 mph

Crossing the LA basin I had no less than five drivers trying to kill me.

Four women whose cars drifted into my lane forcing me either to break take invasive action or Holcomb horns and pray.

The fifth was the driver of the Mitsubishi wasn't paying attention to traffic came to a stop and even though I pump my brakes and gave them all the room in the world I twatched him in my rearview mirror sliding and fishtailing towards me and could hear his ABS chirping

How much longer till we do something about this?

Frankly I think we should go like Saudi Arabian ban women from driving.

It's painfully evident that women cannot multitask nearly as well as man when it comes to keeping the car in their own damn lane while talking on the cell phone

I use my cell phone while driving are you Siri I check Google maps I do all sorts of things but I stay in my own damn Lane!

·
Driftless Rider
1,486 Posts
Here's a novel idea.

NOBODY should be on the phone while driving.

wadenelson said:
I use my cell phone while driving are you Siri I check Google maps I do all sorts of things but I stay in my own damn Lane!
I thought you were a writer??

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
"The fifth was the driver of the Mitsubishi wasn't paying attention to traffic came to a stop and even though I pump my brakes and gave them all the room in the world I twatched him in my rearview mirror sliding and fishtailing towards me and could hear his ABS chirping"

Proves men can't either...should we 1) ban both sexes from driving or should we 2) try to stop everyone from using their cell phone in any way if they are moving? I'll Vote for #2 anytime.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Crossing the LA basin I had no less than five drivers trying to kill me.

Four women whose cars drifted into my lane ( forcing me either to break take invasive action ) or Holcomb horns and pray.

I twatched him in my rearview mirror

Frankly I think we should go like Saudi Arabian ban women from driving.

are you Siri
Definitely best to twatch them while breaking and checking your rearview mirror, yes siri.

Wade, do your fine writing skills go down the dumpster, when you get grumpy at other drivers? Are you trying to upset another segment of society, in this case lady drivers? Am I on your ignore list, which would cause you to miss this post. Good plan.

In BC cell phone use while driving is illegal.
My mother was an excellent driver. Mrs Snippets is an excellent driver.
Both would tear you apart for your comments. Some days they are not as polite or tolerant as me.

Listening to " If I had a rocket launcher " by Bruce Cockburn helps.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Ya know, I've about decided that Mr. Wade makes posts like this to stir the pot and then sits back and laughs at those of us who take it seriously and get all upset with him. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Bingo

Ya know, I've about decided that Mr. Wade makes posts like this to stir the pot and then sits back and laughs at those of us who take it seriously and get all upset with him. ;)
In the meantime his circle of forum buddies is not expanding, rather it seems to be decreasing.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,440 Posts
Which is why I am sitting back with my popcorn watching the action

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I totally understand Critter. Honestly though I think there are enough females on this Forum that we could duct tape his fingers. :D :D

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mitsubishi windows were tinted couldn't sex ID the driver. Rest were ALL women ALL talking on handheld cellphone.

Guess it's not politically correct to point it out though

Guess what? the Wade don't care!

BAN booked chatterbox drivers!

·
Nightfly
3,711 Posts
Mitsubishi windows were tinted couldn't sex ID the driver. Rest were ALL women ALL talking on handheld cellphone.

Guess it's not politically correct to point it out though

Guess what? the Wade don't care!

BAN booked chatterbox drivers!
I believe this is an open forum and you are free to point out any and all driving infractions you wish. The problem arises when you seem to belittle the women drivers of the world. None of that needs pointed out because when you do, you reveal yourself as a bigot. And most of us know that men do the same damn dumb things that you accuse women of doing.

We're all guilty of some infraction at times when we are behind the wheel or riding a bike. You need to find another cause, this one doesn't fly.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Bingo

I believe this is an open forum and you are free to point out any and all driving infractions you wish. The problem arises when you seem to belittle the women drivers of the world. None of that needs pointed out because when you do, you reveal yourself as a bigot. And most of us know that men do the same damn dumb things that you accuse women of doing.

We're all guilty of some infraction at times when we are behind the wheel or riding a bike. You need to find another cause, this one doesn't fly.
And he could take a defensive driving course, where they could try and teach him to stay out of harms way, if in fact that was the case.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
If you ride, (especially in higher traffic areas,) you'll find that people do stupid stuff. Sometimes on a daily / hourly basis. They're not trying to kill you Wade; they're just not aware of the importance of what they're doing as they drive along. It's a part of riding, so get used to dealing with it and learn how to survive it as best you can.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
If I wrote every time had to take evasive action from careless cagers to avoid getting injured or worse .. People in here would think I have no clue how to ride it happens so often .. But can relate to one thing in common to this thread, some areas are worse than others .. Going through St Louis on the way to Sturgis on I-70, 5 different times Drivers moved dead into my lane Totally Oblivious that I was already there .. Didn't have time to see if male or female just took evasive action to keep from getting hit .. Been to Sturgis twice since then with a different route both times ..

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Don't ever go through St. Louis on 70! Let me know if you want to come this way again and I'll give you a much safer, more scenic route that will get you to 70 west of St. Louis at Wentzville. We can also meet up for coffee or a meal. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Crash

I have had zero crashes on the public highways with a bike. One with a cage, but four on my bicycle in Victoria BC.
My conclusion is: The most dangerous thing I can do, is ride a bicycle in Victoria. Yet it is the only sane way to get around, or walk, but that is dangerous too.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 20 of 33 Posts