Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a 2012 pro street custom chopper. I just received my new battery and tried to start my chopper. The starter turn four times and then the push button starter stop working no clicking or nothing. I then used the crank button off the starter and it started wright up. I took it on a test ride and came back to the house and shut it off. I then tried to start it up with the push button starter with no luck. I then push the crank button on the starter and it starter right up again. I check the fuses and all the light work on the motorcycle. Can anyone help me?

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
My guess is that the starter button is defective. It could be gummed up or have corroded contacts, or is not making proper physical contact. Check for proper voltage at the starter switch to make sure it's not a wiring issue as well.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
^^^ That, and check for a separate starter relay that's not internal to the starter motor. I've found one a few times on customs in the past but I can't remember which ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I appreciate both of yall help. I found out it did not have a solid connection to the circuit. Now it starts with out fell. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts