Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to attend one of these events this year. Star Days will be in Longmount, CO and Four Corners Rally in Ignacio, CO. Has anyone been to one of these events? Can you tell me how you liked it? Thanks.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
I live in the Four Corners, and the bad news I have for you is it has RAINED on 8 out of the last 10 rallies. Just seems to be a cursed weekend.

Otherwise, FANTASTIC riding around the 4-corners, glad to give you some pointers/routes.

W

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Do you know what the camping is like there? Not much with the rain? Is it assigned spaces for tents? The daily passes with camping look pretty cheap. It looks like they offer lots of entertainment and events. The web-site looks like a fun weekend. If the weather cooperates of course. But, I am going to take a week off later this year to do some riding in these bordering states. Like that road in eastern AZ close to the NM border. and the Million Dollar Highway. Roughing it that weekend could work out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in the Four Corners, and the bad news I have for you is it has RAINED on 8 out of the last 10 rallies. Just seems to be a cursed weekend.

Otherwise, FANTASTIC riding around the 4-corners, glad to give you some pointers/routes.

W
Can you please give me a good route to take in Colorado? Starting somewhere in the Four Corners and ending coming down into Taos. I want to do a big circle starting in Roswell, across to Silver City doing the Devils Highway in AZ, then up to Colorado to do the Million Dollar Highway, then through Taos, Las Vegas, NM and home. I would like to do mostly camping with a couple/few nights in a motel. The web-site www.freecampsites.net is helping me to pick places to camp where I don't have to travel far off-road. I would like to take a week off to do this. No advanced notice. Just try to pick a good 10 day stretch according the weather forecast and go. No problems with work. What do you think? I can't depend on the weather the week of a rally to take a trip. I just want to take a nice week off and ride. Thank you for any help you can offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts